All Discussions Tagged 'beauty' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Beauty Queen Movie

A few years ago a film was made by a Michigan college student about a girl who had alopecia and went to work in a wig store where she was b…

Started by Joan Stevenson

0 Aug 30, 2022

My Yarn Wig. Seeking Feedback for Creating These for Alopecians!

I'm pretty excited about this.  I've had alopecia since I was 15, so I've been through hiding under wigs for at least 15 years.  I found t…

Started by Dreambird

11 Mar 1, 2018
Reply by Lisa

When to tell a love interest that you have alopecia

When should you tell a person that you're dating, married to, or interested in that you have alopecia? Or, to pose the question quite diffe…

Started by Alopecia World

83 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by rj, Co-founder

NEWS: Bald woman wins beauty pageant, also our hearts

Beauty pageants often evoke images of orange-streaked fake tans, sparkly tiaras, and blindingly white teeth, but one Utah teen has flipped…

Started by Jera

1 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Lauren A Engle

New Treatment for alopecia that worked for me

Hey everyone! I've had alopecia for about 10 years and have tried every thing... literally everything. I've done laser, creams, injections,…

Started by Sara

15 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Emily

Ponytails!

I just want to have a pony tail again. I have missed them ever since I lost my hair and have yet to find a good wig or way to have a higher…

Started by Erin

23 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Elaine

Women dying to be beautiful?

A new report from the YWCA suggests American women are dangerously obsessed with looking beautiful. Here’s what you need to know. “Drop De…

Started by rj, Co-founder

1 Sep 14, 2008
Reply by Rose Marie'

What is beautiful?

Find more videos like this on Alopecia World

6 Apr 16, 2008
Reply by gerald

Are CEO's clueless about baldness?

The following issue is raised in an interesting article titled "CEOs Say Baldness Won't Take Away Their Shine" on APP.com: CEOs seem to ins…

3 Apr 14, 2008
Reply by Carol

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service