All Discussions Tagged 'awareness' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you explain alopecia to a young child?

Today we were at Babies R US, and a 4 year old boy at the cash, turned to his mother and said "Look mom, she has no hair". The good thing i…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

13 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by Sarah McIntosh

Alopecians and Trichsters on Youtube

I'll edit this discussion as time goes on and more alopecians and trichsters pop up on YT. Feel free to sub to them and encourage them. Al…

Started by Frank Pratt

2 Jan 29, 2011
Reply by Frank Pratt

Must your love interest 'see' your alopecia?

My alopecic and adorable wife doesn't wear wigs or any other head covering. Nevertheless, sometimes I wonder how I might have reacted if sh…

Started by rj, Co-founder

27 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by T.J.R.

Alopecia all my life...

well, i'm 16 and i have had alopeica areata all my life. a few of my friends no and have taken it well, they still love me the same as they…

Started by Megan Willmott

0 Aug 7, 2009

Alopecians in the news (Sunshine Coast Daily)

Distressing truth about alopecia 28th May 2009 | Felicity Richardson | Sunshine Coast Daily Online Like the elephant in the room, alopecia…

Started by Alopecia World

0 May 28, 2009

Rebecca Hibbs: Speech contest finalist

Alopecia World member Rebecca Hibbs talks about alopecia during her finalist presentation for the 3rd Annual COM 1100 Speech Contest at Bel…

0 Dec 3, 2008

New legislation for autoimmune diseases applauded

Representative Patrick Kennedy (RI) introduced H.R. 7078, known as the Prevention, Awareness, and Research of Autoimmune Diseases Act of 20…

3 Oct 16, 2008
Reply by kastababy

Oregonian article about AW member LeslieAnn Butler

The new spokesperson on alopecia areata credits humor for lightening her attitude Losing all her hair leads to a book and a national role…

1 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by Georgie

Condition inspires bill

By Shaun Bishop / Daily News Staff Writer Redwood City resident Matt Kelley (who's now a member of Alopecia World) has a hairless cat name…

12 Jun 27, 2008
Reply by Matt

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service