All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (195)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Has anyone tried Cepharanthine, an approved medicine from Japan for alopecia?

Hi Everyone, Has anyone heard of or better yet tried Cepharanthine to treat their hair loss?  I've been reading a lot about Cepharanthine l…

Started by Marcia7854

12 Jul 23, 2021
Reply by sampeckard

Wedding and Alopecia Barbae

I have been suffering from Alopecia Barbae for about two years now. Even when I shave it's very noticeable.  I was curious if any guys out…

Started by adking28

1 Jul 16, 2021
Reply by sampeckard

Research on Pfizer Vaccine and the Immune System

I came across this medical research that has NOT been peer reviewed, from scientists in Germany and the Netherlands.  They studied the Pfiz…

Started by Baldie

0 Jun 5, 2021

What is it like living with Alopecia?

I own the lifestyle brand Cheltenham Ave centered around living well with alopecia. (Titled after the street I lived on when I was diagnose…

Started by Gabe

0 Mar 24, 2020

Teen With Alopecia Had Her Mom Paint Her Bald Head For Her Senior Photo Shoot

"Madisyn Babcock was diagnosed with alopecia areata earlier this year and soon after, her hair began falling out. Alopecia areata is an au…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

25 Mar 20, 2020
Reply by diana

Alopecia/Hair Loss caused by Topamax

Hi, I recently tried Xeljanz for my diffuse alopecia, but it did not work for me and my doctor told me to stop using it. My next step is t…

Started by dnp224

0 Jan 14, 2020

Turn Xeljanz from a pill form to a topical cream

Does anyone know of a dermatologists in NY that can turn Xeljanz in the pill form to a topical cream?

Started by Giusep

18 Dec 20, 2019
Reply by Sam

My 6yo son is being bullied in school for being "bald"

My son, Ben has been diagnosed with alopecia since he was 6 months old. Initially, it was Alopecia areata. At the age 1 1/2 yo, 100% of his…

Started by MOMofa6yo_AT

14 Sep 27, 2019
Reply by Emma Brown

Really struggling with androgenetic alopecia/female-pattern baldness. Here's my story; please help :(

I'm crying as I write this. I'm 24 and I'm losing my hair. And I'm sorry for the long post. Although doctors have told me that it's a waste…

Started by Badger

3 Sep 3, 2019
Reply by Georges

A ray of hope for alopecia areata patients

This from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Pharmaceutical Journal, May 10, 2016: "There are no clinically proven treatments. However, thi…

Started by rj, Co-founder

11 Aug 26, 2019
Reply by Phillip Manning

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service