All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (195)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecians in the news (Sunshine Coast Daily)

Distressing truth about alopecia 28th May 2009 | Felicity Richardson | Sunshine Coast Daily Online Like the elephant in the room, alopecia…

Started by Alopecia World

0 May 28, 2009

AA is on my face/ beard. possible thyroid condition the cause?

I was just diagnosed with aa, it is isolated to my face/beard area. Started as a small dime sized oval shaped patch on my chin. Now its spr…

Started by JP

4 May 25, 2009
Reply by Glen

Dermatologist prescribed Olux Versa Foam for Two Year Old

My two year old was just diagnosed with Alopecia areata. The dr. prescribed Olux 5% mouse to use 2x's per day. Before filling the prescript…

Started by Beth Breslow

16 May 16, 2009
Reply by Monique (Mom)

Hair and weight loss?

Hello! My first round with alopecia areata happened while i'm in grad school, now, a few years later and out of the blue, I lost about 85%…

Started by Jen Lowe

6 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by kastababy

New to this and looking to chat with people in London

Hi I'm Kat, I'm moving to London in July and am hoping to find some flatmates with Alopecia. I just think moving across the world would be…

Started by Kat

0 Mar 7, 2009

"Cinder" the hairless chimpanzee dies suddenly at zoo

Cinder the chimpanzee with alopecia universalis suddenly died at the St Louis Missouri zoo.. In 2002 the NAAF confence was in St. Louis Mis…

Started by Brittany

3 Feb 19, 2009
Reply by Hayley Burton

Is it best to remove all of your hair before it slowly falls out?

I am on my second round of Aloepcia. The first time I had it my hair started falling out in patches and so I shaved my head. When I did tha…

Started by Ray

5 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by glenmor

Julia Crittendon authors book on hair-loss ailment

Mansfield native authors book on hair-loss ailment By LISA MILLER News Journal MANSFIELD -- Julia Crittendon has taken the old saying abo…

Started by Alopecia World

0 Feb 9, 2009

Disabled child forced to shave head

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Yesterday, I spoke directly with this child's father as well as the school district. I can now assure you that the matter…

Started by rj, Co-founder

27 Dec 22, 2008
Reply by Rose Marie'

Tattoo in the head.

I've been thinking about shaving a bald head. But last time, when i shaved my all hair off. My little bald spots can see very clearly. So n…

Started by Janne

5 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by sharon

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service