Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I am running out of options for treatment. C/W

Hiya, Quick background - I am 25 and started experiencing aggressive alopecia around 3 years ago. I was not happy with the diagnosis a derm…

Started by notandrewzz90 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Aug 28, 2023
Reply by rainseahrose

Wig Repair

I just wanted to share with this group a person who does wig repair. I found her on instagram and am very impressed with the quality of wor…

Started by Alo-mom in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Jun 27, 2023

Olumiant, your experiences and opinions

Hi all, I have been a long-time user of Xeljanz, about 9 years now.  I have complete hair regrowth from being AU.  I was taking 10 mgs a da…

Started by Starshine in Symptoms, treatment options, research

8 Mar 6
Reply by Ricky_1008

AA for 23 years. Not ready to go to immune suppressant therapy as I cancer in the family. Please help!

Hello everyone!!!  First of all let me tell you how happy I am to be part of this forum!! My name is Nicole and I have suffered from AA si…

Started by Nk in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Oct 13, 2023
Reply by Alo-mom

Kinesiology

I recently talked to a kinesiologist who had helped 2 people get their hair back. In both cases she found black mold in their bodies!  Taki…

Started by Mia in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Aug 29, 2023
Reply by rainseahrose

Detox

Has anybody tried to detox from heavy metals to see if that made any difference?Vaccines, etc, could supposedly start an autoimmune respons…

Started by Mia in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Dec 12, 2023
Reply by Junieare

Relapse on Xeljanz experiences!

Hello AW :-) I’ve been on Xeljanz for 13 months now (5mg x 2 daily) and have had huge success with it, went from totalis to full regrowth!…

Started by snoopylover in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 Oct 31, 2023
Reply by kevin

Stem Cells

Hi- Has anyone tried a stem cell transplant as a treatment?  It sounds promising and makes sense on how/why it works.  Ty

Started by TaraS in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 May 21, 2023

DMSO

I've just come across DMSO, and was wondering if anyone out there has used it for their alopecia? Kat

Started by kats in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Feb 27
Reply by Alex Thomas

Considering starting to wear a wig

I am a boy who will soon turn 29 and have always had short hair, but until last year I went to the hairdresser several times a year, about…

Started by TvSindre in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

10 Aug 15, 2023
Reply by TvSindre

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service