Forum Discussions (5,930)

Featured Discussions

Teen With Alopecia Had Her Mom Paint Her Bald Head For Her Senior Photo Shoot

"Madisyn Babcock was diagnosed with alopecia areata earlier this year and soon after, her hair began falling out. Alopecia areata is an au…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My teenage boy, on Xeljanz for a few years and it's suddently stopped working

Hi everyone, Some sad news to report. My son Billy who is 15 , a patient of Dr King for over 3 years went from nothing to just about 95% h…

Started by Fenster in Symptoms, treatment options, research

6 on Tuesday
Reply by Return_life

Study alert! ATI-50002 (JAK1) Topical Solution Study

Hi Everyone - Just want to make sure you're all aware that there is a new study with the JAK-1 (Xeljanz) happening. They are testing it in…

Started by ErikaJane23 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

16 19 hours ago
Reply by ErikaJane23

I found something that works for me.. maybe will for you ?

Hi guys, wanted to share my story real quick then the fix I found. keep in mind I don't know a lot about Alopecia, except that it sucks..…

Started by pepperdust in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 11 hours ago
Reply by kayla

Anyone experience regrowth after AU?

Hi!  My daughter is 11 now.  She was diagnosed with AA when she was 8.  It quickly progressed into AU.  For over 2 years she had no hair an…

Started by Dinkey98 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 on Friday

My androgenic alopecia experience on Xeljanz

I've been losing my hair for as long as I can remember - people started commenting on it when I was in my teens. By my late 20's, it was be…

Started by Quinn in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Feb 15

Glueing hair to your head

I know a lot about wigs and toppers, but I would like to know more the process of having hair glued to your head. Has anyone done this and…

Started by Alo-mom in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Feb 12
Reply by Kathy

What's Your Preference Based On Cost? Synthetic Or Human?

I have had AA for 45 years. (I was ten when I got it, I'm 55 now.) For most of my life, I wore synthetic until college, and then I could fi…

Started by Dollhead in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Feb 15
Reply by StarShemaya

Coimbra protocol and vitamin D

Hi guys Have you ever heard about Coimbra protocol(https://www.coimbraprotocol.com/). I found the information about it few months ago. It's…

Started by xenia in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 on Monday
Reply by 1975

HC017AA - drug for pediatric alopecia areata granted Orphan Drug status

hello, I came across this in a different alopecia forum. I don't know much about the drug, but it sounds relevant to my interests so I tho…

Started by chris_s in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 12
Reply by Hope4mySON

Alopecia and Birth Control

I'm not sure if there has already been studies about this, but if there isn't, there should be. I read somewhere that they are seeing a ri…

Started by gldean1988 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Feb 8

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2018   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service