Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

scalp itch remedies/relief?

I was wondering if anyone has found any good remedies for scalp itch? I have regrowth, but my scalp is still quite itchy is some places and…

Started by Paula

2 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Jeff W

Has anyone else ever heard of this method?

When I was younger I had this wonderful dermatologist. I used to see her almost always once a month for years, but after Katrina she never…

Started by Rachel Holton

4 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Shelby Sanford

Am I the only person that wants my hair back?

Hi everyone, im a newbie but everywhere I read that everyone has just got used to having alopecia and accepts it, whereas i want my hair ba…

Started by ben

27 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Carolyn Ferrie

AA

Has anyone out there been told that their low Ferritin levels could be a contributor to hair loss?

Started by edie urso

4 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Paula

Dermatologist to women: Seek treatment and online support

IS YOUR HAIR TAKING A BREAK? Dermatologists can help women get to the root of hair loss BOSTON (July 29, 2009) – For many women, their ha…

Started by Alopecia World

1 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Lois

Question About Minoxidil

Hi, I have AA, with the last time pretty extensive loss, with complete regrowth, well I'm losing again, and this time I decided to try the…

Started by Christine

24 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by JeffreySF

Nail Loss

My story is more or less same to most Alopecian, it started in june 07 with a patch on head, by april 08 i had no hair on any part of my bo…

Started by macho

5 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by edie urso

Progression from AA to AT or AU?

I'm almost afraid to write this because I don't want it to be true. Just when I was getting all Pollyanna about the AA (Everything is fine!…

Started by Aimee

8 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Christine

Anti depressants and hairloss

Just wondering if anyone has had hairloss experience with the drug effexor. I was put on several meds for anxiety and depression related to…

Started by Kathy Maidens

5 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Jack Morrison

Just strange coincidence

This is so strange. My son, age five, was dx with Alopecia yesterday. We noticed his bald spot (more than a dollar coin size) last week or…

Started by Elaine

2 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Rose Marie'

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service