Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Importance of the Vitamin Biotin in your diet

Iv found this brilliant web page on Biotin. One of its deficiency symptoms is hairloss and even Alopecia. http://emedicine.medscape.com/a

Started by Patricia Hutchings

0 May 8, 2010

Shampoo for Alopecia

Can anyone recommend some shampoos for AA? At the hairloss centre I got my ahirpiece from, they recommended one from the range they carry,…

Started by Rachel

0 May 7, 2010

Ingrowing eyelashes - Trichiasis - when eyelashes grow back from AU

Has anyone who has had regrowth in their eyelashes had them grow inwards. I have had a few now, and found its called Trichiasis. Iv told m…

Started by Patricia Hutchings

2 May 3, 2010
Reply by Patricia Hutchings

Losing pigment in remaining hair, anyone else experiencing this?

I have had diffuse alopecia for about ten years. My hair was a very dark brown, and now my hair is losing it's pigment and is sort of reddi…

Started by Heather Bloom

4 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Alisha Jennings

nail pitting

i've heard nail pitting is common with alopecia areata. my nails have seemed normal until this week, i have a couple of slight ridges on tw…

Started by Paula

9 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Lizzie

Anyone eat seafood regularly? Some substantial claims regarding seafood and autoimmune diseases, also mineral deficiency findings

In the article (http://www.truehealth.org/aheal.html) the author claims one of the biggest causes of health problems, including autoimmune…

Started by Reto

3 Apr 23, 2010
Reply by Georgie

DNCB and sleep scratching

Hi everyone, Does anyone out there have any tips for dealing with the unconscious scratching caused by DNCB? I can refrain from scratching…

Started by Shawn

6 Apr 23, 2010
Reply by Reto

Minoxidil and wrinkles

Hi all I have AGA and was told by my derm that I should go on 5% minoxidil and there would be a strong chance I'd regrow hair. I asked abou…

Started by Michelle L

3 Apr 22, 2010
Reply by Petra

HIV treatment and Cancer treatment to assist in Alopecia

There are various of treatment options\medicines to assist the immune system for HIV\AIDS and Cancer patients. Have any of those medication…

Started by Nikki

2 Apr 21, 2010
Reply by Nikki

My status with AU

Hello! I just wanted to tell whats going on with my AU if it might help somebody. its been a while since i posted last time that i have had…

Started by Ville Lylynen

0 Apr 21, 2010

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service