Employment issues, workplace challenges (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

At least I have edges

Spiteful co-worker said this loud enough for me to hear.  Would she feel the same if one of her kids' classmates treated her the same way?

Started by youarebeautiful

0 Oct 16, 2018

How can I get certificate from government?

Hello All, Happy New Year. I feel like when I go for job Interviews I want to carry a government certificate which shows that I am having a…

Started by Kranthi

5 Mar 28, 2018
Reply by RJ Martinez

wearing wigs or scarves with visors or hats at work

I'd like to hear how people manager their wigs or scarves with a mandatory hat or visor?   My family's having some financial issues and our…

Started by Tuesday

3 Dec 28, 2017
Reply by hagster

Alopecia at work - how I told my colleagues in our office newspaper

Almost 6 years ago I told my colleagues why my hair always looks so nice. It was time to tell them, I did it in our office newspaper. Here…

Started by Connie010

4 Mar 15, 2017
Reply by Jody Gorski

Alopecia sucks

So this is kind of a rant, I want to become a pilot when i'm older but to do that i'd have to join the air cadets because private lessons a…

Started by Liv

10 Jan 22, 2017
Reply by Tom

Where to Start

Hello, I'm disabled and have thought about being a wig stylist. I  would like to specialize working with people with hair loss problems. Se…

Started by Larry Barbee

5 Sep 29, 2016
Reply by Alo-mom

Offended at work

I never had a problem wearing a turban with a scarf to work at my previous employer which did happen to be a non-profit organization. I've…

Started by Sharon Beckham Hinson

38 Jul 28, 2015
Reply by pippinsgirl

A question of transparency - and summer wig suggestions?

Hello AW, I would love to know how wig-wearers "come out" to the outside world. All my hair fell out in about 3 weeks back in Aug/Sept, so…

Started by MagPie

39 Jul 13, 2015
Reply by Susan

I wore a wig to work and everyone loved it!

I work at a customer-facing parcel service in Brighton, UK and our theme is purple. The whole shop is purple, our uniforms are purple and e…

Started by Roots

0 Apr 1, 2015

How to introduce my alopecia totalis to a potential employer?

I have a job interview this afternoon. Up until now I wasn't very nervous about walking into the interview bald but I'm really not sure how…

Started by JessicaStinkle

2 Mar 12, 2015
Reply by maryapple

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service