Employment issues, workplace challenges (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Balding Google Admin - how to feel confident and presentable?

So I'm only 25, and I am getting balder and balder each month. I have a job in IT, and it's that type of job that requires me to hold meeti…

Started by bryanjenson

6 Jan 11, 2021
Reply by YvonneD

Can't find a job - is it the baldness?

My son has Alopecia Universalis. He has just graduated high school and is looking for his first job. His hair started falling out when he w…

Started by Laurelinterprets

12 Dec 21, 2020
Reply by Romaz21

New job opportunity - worried about the wig

I have been asked to apply for a great position that has opened. It is very high profile job, basically being in upper management. I'm so w…

Started by Michjo57

17 Oct 13, 2020
Reply by Zoey Pearson

Wearing a scarf to business meetings

My alopecia is fairly new. I discovered my patches in late October. I can still hide it fairly well, but that is changing on a daily basis.…

Started by Rose

9 Dec 31, 2019
Reply by Johny Jons

Has anyone quit their job because of alopecia?

I am strongly considering quitting my job because I'm finding it very difficult making the transition from having hair to not having any. I…

Started by Heather Bloom

95 Aug 13, 2019
Reply by Tracy Miller

Is anyone a teacher?

Hey everyone, I am Lisa, 37 years old, married, mom of 2 kiddos. My problem or question is this. I just graduated last May with my degree i…

Started by Lisa

21 Jul 31, 2019
Reply by Samanta Woods

HELP!!! I want to join the Navy or Airforce!

Hello beautiful people.  I am 20 years old and have suffered with alopecia since I was around 6 or 7. It started as alopecia areata and soo…

Started by Hannah

2 May 29, 2019
Reply by Zara Brown

Teaching with alopecia

Hi. I am 16 and want to be a teacher at the minute. I do peer mentoring where i help out in year 7 ,8 and 9 classes. I got to teach a whole…

Started by velvet

22 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Styrra

Job interview as a bald female

Hi all, I am between jobs at the moment and this is the first job search I'll be doing as a bald woman. To other bald ladies out there, hav…

Started by pippinsgirl

10 Nov 21, 2018
Reply by TimothyGonzalez

Vocations and professionalism without hair

I haven’t been on here for a number of years now but I find myself in an unusual situation as of late and felt it best to raise my issue he…

Started by Alopecian Carol

7 Nov 6, 2018
Reply by NicoleT

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service