Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Humans of New York Interview

Humans of NY  Interview with an Alopecian https://www.facebook.com/102099916530784/posts/4762070550533674/

Started by Fuzzless

0 Sep 10, 2020

Mixed Feelings about my Alopecia

The first time I got Alopecia was when I was 21 years old. I lost the entire lower portion of my hair and eventually had to shave my entire…

Started by 559Courtney

1 Aug 17, 2020
Reply by Alo-mom

Alopecia and Addiction

Are there any of you who have used drugs and/or alcohol to cope with the stress of Alopecia? I noticed there are no groups for this area.

Started by Johnny Q

7 Jul 31, 2020
Reply by Zoey Pearson

What if people ask?

When you are 18, supposed to be an exciting and fun time in my life, but 24/7 deal with AA!!!!  Been on this roller coaster for 2 + years..…

Started by Sam

16 Jun 29, 2020
Reply by Sam

Since I was 14?

I remember from as early as 14 that my body wasn't very hairy even after puberty. My arms and legs always had patches where hair was suppos…

Started by Cjruelas

1 Jun 9, 2020
Reply by Baroness

Seeking mental help but too afraid?

Some of you have seen my earlier posts about my difficulty of accepting my alopecia. Now I have other personal problems that are really har…

Started by Lilac

30 May 31, 2020
Reply by leah

1 - "A Special Wardrobe"

Hi Everyone, I've been working on a book about hair loss and self esteem. Some of you may have read the following essay, "A Special Wardrob…

Started by Larry Barbee

0 Apr 21, 2020

So, I Finally Did It And Came Out About My Alopecia

So today I finally did the thing that I've been working up to for the last few years, and told my close friends today about my life-long al…

Started by Dollhead

2 Apr 16, 2020
Reply by leah

Traveling With a Bandana

I was wondering what people's experience has been when travelling internationally. I am planning on wearing a bandana but wanted to know if…

Started by Chris Jeffer

12 Mar 23, 2020
Reply by john stuart

Breast cancer and alopecia

I am wondering if there is any connection or has there even been any study of women or men having cancer specifically Breast cancer who hav…

Started by Sandy B

1 Feb 29, 2020
Reply by Diana K

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service