I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I have 5 children:-) when the eldest was 7 year I got the youngest:-) The day after birth,( I gave birth at home), the eldest, then 7 years told me that he didn ´t want any sister or brother to be born on his birthday ( I remember he was jumping in the sofa beside me while informing me about his case:-) while I was having travail because as was in birth), so his sister came the day after, and he was happy:-)

I breastfed all of them, and it is was the happiest time of my life:-)

Since I have autisme, the exstra oxytocin (love-hormon) made med veery happy and very close and loving. Children is great, and now, even if the children is older, and the youngest 11 year now, they are so close, the children, and also with us parents.

I hope you will get pregnant and get the gift of motherhood:-)

Viking hug from me :-)

When did you notice the most regrowth ? Did it regrow with color or the pigment developed over time ?
Hey Kaitlin, I havent posted pictures since January because I'm waiting for my next doctor's appointment to do so. But my hair regrowth is continuing! More scalp hair, lashes, eyebrows,and everywhere else, except my underarms and I hope that never grows back, lol! Personally, I only take Xeljanz and other vitamins like Biotin, D3, etc. I don't take any steroids. Just stay posted Kaitlin. More good results and pictures forthcoming.
3 months every other spot has hair just no pigment
Thats an amazing story, glad things are getting better for you, best of luck!!
Wildstar, That's funny! Your story is VERY TOUCHING, amazing, sad, and yet beautiful. If you dont mind, you should open a separate discussion on it, and copy it for the benefit of others whose hairloss led to such severe depression, substance abuse, homelessness and suicide. You have a caring, WONDERFUL HEART. I know personally because when you were reading thru 2 month old posts on here, you took the time to stop and defend me against negative posters who scoffed at my spirituality, faith and level of hair regrowth. Please read my discussion entitled "From Totally Bald to Hair Regrowth in One Month!". It will tell you how I applied for the Hardship Program. Pfizer's financial assistance program is Xelsource. Their number is (855)-593-5526. I recently posted a reply about what you have to do in GREAT DETAIL to expedite the Hardship Program. I will search for that post and page number. Welcome to Alopecia World and this thread!

Noone tried voltaren pills? it work in reumatodic and it's a antiiflammatory ...when i put gel in my hand after 2 weeks i noted a lot of hairs in this pleace.

Lmao too funny

Is this useful for alopecia? Actually, I have just bought some cheap wigs in case this way doesn't work out.

Hi all. I received an email from my doc this morning I emailed her to ask about topical xeljanz and if she has heard anything about it. She is part of the Columbia trials and works extensively with dr. Christiano. She told me that although the cream has been effective in mice, it hasn't proven to grow back any human scalp hair because of how thick our scalp hair is. She said it may be effective for eyebrow growth but she isn't sure yet. She too heard that there is a topical X floating around but she said she isn't sure how reputable this study is. Was saddened to hear this as I was hoping to get off the pills at some point or another. I just wanted to share this info as most of us are assuming a topical is in the near future for us.

Huge bummer. Thanks for sharing.

I started the topical tofacitinib about a week ago and I thought it was helping start growth in places that have been resistant to oral xeljanz so idk if I'm just wanting to see that it's helping or not.. Will let you know if I think it's definitely helping for sure

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service