I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think by now everyone knows the answer to the question.
Singh already answered your question a couple of pages back. On this thread you have to read forwards and backwards or you will miss the answers to a lot of questions, lol!

So they did get the pills free and are profiting big time by selling them.

Mtran2000, you are making a lot of assumptions. You should be getting yours free pretty soon too. And when you do, and you have extra pills for whatever reason, let's see if you arrange this lottery/giveaway that you mentioned. I'm sure everyone on here will look forward to that!

I guess I don't understand how someone has extra pills unless they are requesting higher dosages and not taking the extra pills and selling.

Dolly, are the Netherlands considered part of Europe? Because hopefully it will be approved there soon.

I am making an offer for the pills. I will pay for shipping charges.

:At any rate, they now have 2 extra bottles available at best offer. If anyone is interested, pm me ASAP. They are going on vacation soon

Hi there
how are you everybody ?
My Update I'm just finish my first battle of Xeljanz 2 pills for 1 month have been
and I saw a little very small white hair in my eyelashes and eyebrows , but I would like my opinion to up the dose to 3 pills what you think guys or I continue 2 pills normally dosege
BC I think when we up the dose it will come fast grow
waiting your recommend !!
thanks
Congratulations Sultan h! I told you it would take about a month. I'm so happy for you! Yes, just stay on 2 a day for now for the next couple of months and then see what your dermatologist recommends. It's working! See, I told you to have faith. Regrowth in one month has been the average on here, with a few exceptions taking longer.
Amazing.
Did you see improvement for the nails pitting?
Stay on 2 pills... don't try to rush it. Xeljanz is a lifetime treatment so the less u can be on the better it is.
I am in my 6th week on Xelljanz after a sudden fast onset of alopecia totalis I am growing hair back on my face some eyelash and nose hair. I was also diagnosed with R A that is how I got my Xelljanz my doctor told me 3 and a half months to start fully working in youre system. I will be sticking with the 2 5 mg pills a day also phizer just came out with a once a day 11 mg time release form of Xelljanz be patient it takes a while to work
Absolutly continue whit 2 pills the hairs begin white then become colored i think in 5-8 months you'll have full hairs

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service