I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheap Propecia without a prescription - http://оnlinecheappills.com/catalog/Hair_Loss/Propecia.htm I had heard of Proecia pills for hair loss but had never tried them until I saw that I was losing too much hair. I spent several months following the treatment and quickly saw the results I wanted: strong hair and less hair loss. I highly recommend Propecia.

I was just wondering, since this treatment was specifically designed for Arthritis, will there be any side effects. I have been reading the review on xeljanz in webmd and it has not been promising.

I had a spot on my head, I've completely recovered from the AA about 6 months ago with an ointment for external application called pro-alopeciata. Although it had a heaty sensation, this treatment did not cause any form of side effects.

My word of advise to those wishing to try out JAK inhibitors : Please read and consider all of the reviews from various sources before diving in.

Get well soon.

There can be some serious side effects with Xeljanz although these are rare. I strongly advice everyone not to just go to a random doctor and request this. This is a controlled study and is being heavily monitored. 

The overall reviews are not unfavourable to say the least and let us remember that they are taking it for arthritis and not alopecia. 

Is the plan to take it forever or does the dr believe that once you stop taking it the hair will remain? 

We really don't know at this time.

Based on the study with the mice regrowing the hair , it lasted for a few months and then fell out again with no treatment. It looks as though this will always remain a treatment rather than a cure .

Part of what the study is checking to see is how much of a dose is needed to maintain the results. It could be 1 pill a month or even 1 pill every 3 days . We just don't know yet. 

Do you know if guy who opened this topic is fine now??? i do not read him from a lot of time

Guys, I tried pro-alopeciata and it really works. It does burn after application but the results are promising. I had a single spot, after approx a month into the treatment hair has grown and 80% of the spot is covered.

Has anyone else tried it, please share your experience.
Please don't advertise "snake oil". Just as effective as those magnetic necklaces.

So good to see a reality check. Been through most attempts to restore my hair. A few worked, temporarily. Lol at snake oil! High five!

I've never heard of it. Prescription? 

I can't seem to find this -pro-aloeciata.  Is it still available or is this a scam?

Update, currently on four pills a day. Just got cortisol injections to thicken eyebrows. Got a new prescription for Triamcinolone acetonide 1%. Not sure what to expect but I think something will happen. Anyone use Triamcinolone, did it help.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service