Wondering what brands the members of this forum wear.

I personally wear Rene of Paris wigs (Felicity (cut shorter), ROP Halo & Jade) and they fit pretty good and look real.

I am thinking of trying the "Forever Young" brand next and maybe Raquel Welch.

What do you wear?

Views: 5501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer to wear human hair wigs. I dabbled with synthetic ones many years ago, but didn't like the feel of the fibres against my skin. Also, as I prefer longer hair, I found that synthetic wigs were more prone to tangling. Through trial and error, I've narrowed down my wig preferences to virgin european human hair. It's my number one priority... which, unfortunately, is expensive but IMO worth every penny. Gali Wigs (in London, UK) are my Holy Grail of wigs. Took me a long time to stumble across them, and it was more by fluke than research, but I've not looked back since. :-)
How ironic. The one expensive human hair wig I DO have (Louise Ferre) was my first wig and I never wear it now. I don't find it that comfortable, the cap is too big for my head, the adjustment tabs are fraying after only a couple of wearings, plus, I had it colored to similar to my original color and I don't like that color anymore. You have to be way more careful with a HH wig, plus it's more maintenance in terms of styling. I can't afford one of the $3-5K vacuum wigs and I'm not so sure I'd pay that if I could, so I'll stick with my synthetics for now. True...some look phony from a mile away, but I have been wearing mine for over a year now and no one has ever known and are surprised if I tell them!
My last two were Raquel Welch...thicker, two-tone, feminine.
I have purchased 3 Revlon Aries...
2 in burnt toast (one I cut way shorter so it looks different) one in coffee...for Autum I just got a Rachel Welsh Power in an auburn color.
.also a shorter style...all are synthetic and I like them alot..I buy my wigs on wigs.com...they have really good prices I think...I just need to get some cheap wig heads now..
Hello Andrea,
As a hairdresser who speclizes in cutting and styling human hair prosthesis, I think the Gripper and vacuum are the best. The hair feels so silky and can be colored or permed. You can also have a hairline with some soft feathery hairs around your face so there is not a bare line. You do need to have this done by a hairdresser who knows how to get this look. With the vacuum piece, the hairpiece is secure and you don't have to worry about it coming off in the wind or activities. The vacuum is your correct head size as they make a plaster mold so it is your custom fit to your headsize. Now the Gripper is your size, as they measure your head so you get the best fit, with no extra charge, how great is that. There is never any itching, hooray! If you want to look great and have the confidence in your appearance and feel like you want, the human 100% European non proscessed hair is the best. It feels good next to your shin and moves like growth hair. This hair is the best! Carmen West, hairdresser.
Andrea and everyone thanks for the imput, I looked at several of the websites but can not seem to order one I guess it means I have to accept the fact That I have AA. I know sounds crazy.
Hello

You need to make the decision. The longer you are indecisive it makes your life out of balance. The new hair is like having new makeup. We all want to feel better about how we look. I know alot about the Gripper! One reason is because this piece will let you look and feel like yourself. I have cut and styled the Gripper for first time clients and they alway say I look like myself. This is the major part of my styling this hair piece. Now saying that, your budget is another factor. Just make sure you get the head size for you. You can email me any time if you have questons on any piece you are thinking about ordering.

Carmen West, hairdresser cwestgb@aol.com
I am always impressed with pictures I see of European human hair wigs, whether colored or not yet colored-including great pictures of several kinds of vacuum wigs, and I've seen some EHH long wigs in a Jewish owned salon here, just beautiful hair. But my budget is more in the synthetic range and I have had good luck with both the ROP kinds, the Revlon and the RW, although the RW never lower their prices even when sold by the famous on line vendors, so they always end up being more expensive, expecially in a mono top-which most of us with AU wear.
Hello, Andrea I have been "cruising" the AW site today...and online looking at wigs...as usual. Came across your post. Who cut Felicity? DId it turn out ok cut as some don't and I am always afraid to "doctor up" a wig, or order on that needs fixin' for fear it will not fall correctly after cutting..or pay someone to cut it, and then more cost... The Forever Young - the site doesn't give really clear images of what the wigs look like...and alot of the styles seem very young..how odd for me to say that...never say never, I never thought I would hear myself say something like that, always thinking I looked and acted much younger than my years. I have many ROP, Amore, Noriko (all the same, right?) Revlon, and Raquel. I find the Raquel fit me well, but she offers no good blonde shades...really, hardly anyone does...I keep looking for a European HH - but they are sooo costly. I fear what if it is too hot to wear in summer in FL...or I don't know how to take care of it. SYnthetics are so easy to care for, but the downside, for me, is no styling capability...and all wigs seem to curl towards your face, and my skin is maybe too sensitive, they always itch my face and my neck...drive me crazy !!! Wish there was an easy answer for me!! Oh, and some like Freedom, you have to be bald, and also...so very expensive. But really beautiful !!
Hi Lexi,

The Felicity by ROP was the first wig I bought and I ended up buying it in a store not online. The color was perfect and matched my natural hair but it was too long and the lady in the store was nice enough to cut it for me and didn't charge extra. It's about shoulder length now. The ends kinda flip up a little but I think that was the style before I even cut it. I mostly pull it back in a low ponytail because I don't like the flip so much. Here are some better pictures of the Felicity wig. http://www.voguewigs.com/felicity-2353-rene-of-paris.html
I don't think cutting a wig changes the style too much. You just tell them how short you want it. Also, hairdressers shouldn't charge too much for just a trim. It's not like they have to wash and style it.

I don't like when the hair touches my face either. Maybe try and pull back the hair into a low ponytail and see if you can make that work. I usually pull a few short strands down behind my ear and let them hang down to better frame my face. Good luck Lexi.
Thanks so much Andrea. Sometimes, you can't pull a wig back into a ponytail (low) because the hair is tooo thick probably on the sides. Maybe thinning it out on the sides would work. But then the same old problem...it won't grow back should a mistake be made !!!

I like Natural Wavy hairstyle so much. 

My wigs are bought on LsyBeauty Hair. IT Provides Best 100% Virgin Human Hair Weave, Lace Frontal Closure, Bundles With Closure  etc. I love it.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service