ATI-50001 is another selective JAK inhibitor being developed by Aclaris Therapeutics. 

Aclaris is developing and testing an oral and topical version called ATI-50002. The oral version is currently in phase 1 testing (12 patient test) and the topical is in pre-clinical testing (I believe this means they have "healthy" people using it to see if there are any adverse affects

relevant links

http://www.aclaristx.com/pipeline

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/10/31/884660/0/en/Aclar...

Please use this thread for any information you come across about ATI-50001 or ATI-50002 to help those of us obsessing over future treatment options :)

Views: 1857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Chris, Do you know if ATI 5001 is safer and more effective than Current jak inhibitor? If it is and why ? Thanks

I'm not an expert in anything other than aggregating data from google searches, but aclaris says ATI50001 is a more selective JAK inhibitor targeting alopecia specifically. Thusly it's more safe AND more effective than the current broad spectrum JAK inhibitors like xeljanz and jakafi. 

At least that's the theory

Thanks for the reply. I guess and hope that they are better. Otherwise, there is no need to develop them.
This sounds all very promising. Can't wait for the news to come out on this.
no they are tofa and ruxo. no bigdifferent. That is the game of the pharmacy.they want to earn more money.
Hope that they are not making newer versions of JAK just for money but not safety and efficiency,

to put aside any idea of altruism from big pharma, being able to treat a condition more effectively and safer will increase sales revenues

Are they not testing this specifically for AA? I mean I would love to take a pill and be done with alopecia that ovbiously doesn't kill you in the process.

I’m currently in the trial right now. Been using the drug or placebo for a few weeks. Will post results after a couple months. 

Thanks Zach, looking forward to your update!

Please keep us posted Zach!

I will post a full blog post with pictures after three months but I will report what I heard today at my 1 month appt.  there has been regrowth for me personally in the past month. Of course I don’t know if I have the drug but the doctor said the following comment to her researcher  ‘did the company even do a placebo?’ I guess there’s been 4 patients in that clinic and all have seen positive results. I then mentioned how true randomization has streaks( I have a background in mathematics). 

So the  good news is patients are seeing results. I haven’t noticed any serious side effects. Good news coming folks!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service