This is my first summer with AU, and I'm trying to figure out how to swim with a wig. My daily wig is custom human hair wig, but I was told chlorine or salt water would kill the hair.
So I'm thinking about getting a less expensive wig to swim in, but I'm curious how "wig-like" it will look when wet? How does synthetic hair behave in sea or pool water?
And what kind of tape is the most reliable? The tape I'm using now is not sweat-proof, so I'm guessing its not waterproof either. Any help you can give is appreciated! Thanks!

Views: 27311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone know where I can get a week to swim and I am going on a cruise soon and don't want to wear a bathing cap I think there's so unsexy

I got a Water Wig by Amy Gibson
Her company is createdhair.com. She has AU and is really compassionate
My wig looks really great I love it I've had it for almost a year
it looks just like my hair and you literally don't feel like you have anything on your head because it's made of all lace
I use tape with it for extra security but if I'm running around just doing errands I usually don't use anything with it but it worked out great
Good luck I hope it works out for you

Enil, I get my blonde human hair pieces from Hair Direct. It is Chinese hair, but they do a really good job lightening it!

I can highly recommend https://dresslily.com particularly if you've got mid to long hair. The wigs are made with real hair and they are very realistic.

You can definitely wear a synthetic wig swimming!! I do it all summer long! I dive off the deck at the lake, body surf waves in the ocean, and swim in my family's pool. I use blue lace tape around the enitre perimeter and it stay in place! I've never even had to give it a second thought!

Mine wig is around 2 year old and it still looks awesome.  i bought from https://dresslily.com/wigs-c-71.html

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service