Hi, my name is Michelle and I have AA. I found my first bald spot in June/2012 and I'm now completely bald. I recently realized that my eyebrows are starting to fall out and I'm scared to death. When I first came to this site I was so comforted. It was nice to see that there are people out there that know exactly how I'm feeling and what I'm going through. I have a great support system at home but I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with all of this, it just happened so fast. I'm glad I found this site and hopefully talking to others will help me move forward.

Views: 880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think w you.-))))

Thank you! :)

Hey there Michelle.... it's tough this ole alopecia thing eh? I'd always had long lovely locks until I lost it all within 10days in July 2011. The rest of my body hair lashes n brows were gone by month 3. My long term boyfriend dumped me and certain friends could not look me in the eye. I was so very aware of people staring at me in public and some even came up to me and asked me how my treatment with cancer was coming along!!!!! However, fast forward to 2013... on a positive note all my body hair has come back half my brows and all my eyelashes (although the top ones are still white)and I have fuzz all over my head and a few wee dark patches too. I was a complete paranoid and insecure wee soul who was completely freaked out by what was happening to me. It took almost 8 months til I fully accepted what was happening to me. I still have bad days but hey-ho tis only hair and now I've accepted it I feel so much happier. Can't believe I can now draw in perfect brows and enjoy the fact that I can be so many different people depending on if I wear a scarf/wig or go au-naturelle :) Hang in there girl and continue to speak to the peeps on here! It's good to hear you have a great support network too.. hiPpy hugs shO :) x

Wow,I thought mine was fast but yours was really fast! Its great to hear how you overcame it all and gives me hope. Thanks! :)
Wow, I thought mine was fast but yours was really fast! Its great to hear how you overcame it all and gives me hope. Thanks! :)

Hi Michelle,

I feel the same way as you do. Super comforted by this site and all the support that it offers. Just knowing there are other people in the world that are dealing with the same obstacles that you are can be such a great comfort. That being said - like so many others I lost my hair right around the same time frame as you and now I'm totally bald. It took some time wearing a wig for sure, had to try a few different styles to see what I liked and disliked about each one. And to compare how they fit and made me feel. I found one from Rene of Paris that I like quite a bit. Where is yours from? What do you like or dislike about it?

So glad you have such a strong support network :) very iportant.

Hi K!
I got my wig at an outlet in Santa Ana, CA. Its a beautiful wig, real hair, I think it just made me feel less like myself. I've only wore it once but I've put it on several times and never ended up wearing it out because I was so self concious about it. I took a big step today though, I went shopping without a hat on for the first time! I wont even go get my mail without a hat and today I just decided I was tired of it. I got alot of stares but oh well right!?

oh i feel your pain. I think you will come to terms with it after a while. I was diagnosed with AA in Feb 2012 and bald by October 2012 and in like 2 weeks I lost my eyebrows. I felt more miserable during the losing my hair phase but now I'm ok. I've accepted it. It's not the worst situation. Once you try out different kinds of wigs and find oneyou like you'll be okay. And having family support really helps.

I also read you got your wig from Santa Ana, CA! Are you from So Cal?? I am too! (out of the country right now but yknow)

Well you sure look beautiful! With a face like that who needs hair! :) I think finding this site has really helped me alot! Talking to people like you and everyone else here has pushed me in the right direction. I'm so grateful for that! I actually went shopping last week without my trusty hat for the first time and it felt great! I would never have done that before I found this site. I'm hoping to get comfortable enough to wear my wig, i'm sure that will come in time.

I do live in So Cal! Maybe we can plan a meet up some time. :)

We definitely should schedule a meet up! I am out of the country at the moment, but when I get back hopefully! It would be nice to meet with people who can understand and appreciate what we're going through <3

I agree! I am in So CAl too!

I will definitely be getting in touch with you ladies when I return to California! I would love to meet up for coffee or lunch or whatever =]

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service