Does anybody have a lace wig they sleep in, or where for a long period of time. The longest I can wear mine is 2 days. My lace wig just gets so uncomfortable and the tape constricts my head.. I want to be able to have natural looking wig. You know style it, put it up and so on.. Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I just putting my wig on wrong or something.. Did anybody purchase a silk skin wig?

Thanks.

Views: 8901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which ones are soft and comfortable?

I will second the motion (years into the discussion, but needs to be said) that you need to do whatever makes you most comfortable.  

There were so many "don'ts" I heard when I first started wearing hair that it was a miracle that I was even able to sit in a chair or even breathe.  But when you're first starting out, you so badly want to have hair again that you're susceptible to all kinds of advice.  

Just know that sleeping in your hair will cause additional wear and tear that you might not encounter otherwise.  Depending on type and length of hair and type and length of cap, it will wear out your hair and cap construction sooner than if you de-haired at bedtime.  It helps if you have a decent budget for hair as you start learning about what works and what doesn't.  I was in a fear conundrum because I wanted to have hair 24/7, but heard all these threats about how I would "destroy my hair!" doing that.  

Yes, it does cause wear and tear on hair and scalp, but the silk pillowcase and the silk hair wrap will cut down on that more.  If you take the time to gently comb out and put up your hair before bedtime, that will help (and will look much better in the morning).  

It's always good to have "backup" hair that you will feel comfortable wearing, and keep it ready to go so you don't have to have a panic moment should something go amiss or should your primary hair get dirty earlier than planned.  I got lazy and didn't have any backup hair ready to go, ended up wearing my "best" hair way too long when dirty, and then had to spend more time detangling and getting my "best" hair back into normal shape (it's human, so a little more upkeep).  

Longer synthetic will frizz at 100x times the normal rate if you sleep in it, but for HD, you can iron out the frizzies or non-HD, steam out the ends.  That always takes me a while, so I tend to put it off until it's a crisis.  On the upside, people tell me there's no way they wouldn't believe my frizzy hair isn't mine because it looks so "natural" when it's damaged...  :-)  

hey, I realize you posted this years ago, but I am wondering what kind of "bond" you use for your lace wigs to sleep in? I want to try learning to start sleeping my lace wigs but I've always sewn in poly strips at the temples and used tape, put it on every morning and off everynight. I am new to blue, or bonding and need something that doesn't irritate the skin ! How long does yours usually last and how often do you actually take it off ? thanks :)

Here is my ''solution'' to sleeping in wigs & wigs firmly staying securely on one's head"
I have about a half dozen short synthetic wigs I call my ''sleep wigs''.
Almosr all my wigs have DERMAFIX (Body Heat Activated latex like ''bandaid'' type strips sewn
by the wig store into the caps of my wigs,they act somewhat like magnets on a refrigerator door.
They are painless & waterproof & they do not cause any difficulty in taking off a wig
Thia way I wear wigs 24/7 and they stay on secure!-Marsha

How can I get Dermafix so I can sew it onto the wigs I have?

contact JMC HairWear & Wig Salon Inc in Coconut Creek/Pompano Beach FL
954-975-5760, fac 954-984-8967 email is Carynderi@comcast.net
See their website online,also see
http://www.hairgoodswholesale.com/hw-brands/dermafix.htm
http://wigsite.com/specialty2.html
http://wigsite.com/dermafix_wigs.html

PS,You asked me on this site about my ''daughter'',My ''daughter'' is really my
''fid''(feathered kid) Miss Fritzie,my 22 yr old triton greater sulfur crested
cockatoo parrot !

It looks like you can't order it to put in your existing wigs, but I will email JMC and see...was hoping I could get some strips. Thanks Marsha!

do you also use tape or glue as well as the dermafix?

Hi Becca! I can recommend that you go to
www.heralopecia.com and www.wigsupport.com
I think you will find a lot of practical assistance from me & other wig wearers there,
-Marsha Lampert MBA MS

Don't pull it down too tight or it can stretch the skin. Also use a satin pillowcase. My daughter changes hers every 2-3days.

if you contact JMC,(954-975-5760)I am akmost positive that you can make arrangements for them
to sew DERMAFIX into the caps of your wigs,via mailing them the wigs,their email is
Carynderi@comcast.net,They have a website,they sre in Pompano Beach/Coconut Creek FL
-Marsha

I prefer silk skin wig for sleeping. Your choice isn't bad at all. I have seen my wife to wear that kind of sleeping dress. Really enjoying ..............

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service