Does anybody have a lace wig they sleep in, or where for a long period of time. The longest I can wear mine is 2 days. My lace wig just gets so uncomfortable and the tape constricts my head.. I want to be able to have natural looking wig. You know style it, put it up and so on.. Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I just putting my wig on wrong or something.. Did anybody purchase a silk skin wig?

Thanks.

Views: 8901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,I went to the both webs,they are quite expensive!

Becca, This question left so many great responses about wigs. I really learned alot from everyone.
i loved this question i am on the prowel for a new wig and and going to check out the sites mentioned! is there any more good sites to order from out there?
Sarah,

I am on the prowl again too. Waited 4 months to get a wig from Peggy Knight and I am very dissatisfied. It's not the vacuum one, it's called the gripper or something...
Becca - sorry to hear about your disappointment. I was wondering, I just got my vaccum wig, 2weeks ago, I was thinking why would I need another wig? I love my vaccum wig. So if you don't mind asking why wee you getting a different wig? I'm just curious. Thanks Becca and again sorry the gripper is not what you expected.
Pat
Pat,

I guess it's nice to have a back up..

-Becca
Becca, thanks will do. I guess it's better to be well equipped/prepared. Do you put any other product on your vaccum wig? I've shampoo/condition with redkin - cranbury and should I b using something else on it. Not that it look dry but I was wondering. thank you.
Pat,

I actually don't have a vacuum piece I can wear.. I have this silicone gripper wig, but it's not a vacuum.. i wish I could help you with the shampoo question, but I am also having the same problem..

-Becca
I sleep in mine, and I am going to therefore be against the grain of a few of these posts.
Becca, it's about you, and how you feel. For a while I succumbed to the "dont's" that I was getting (no offense intended to anyone who feels that way either :)), but I wasn't happy. Fact is, you are the one person who spends more time with "you" than anyone else on earth. Do what's right for you, and makes YOU feel good. If it makes you feel good, and doesn't do any harm, do it. I love waking up in the morning with hair, even if I have to work with it a little more, it's about how *I* feel that matters. However, there are a few things I learned that have helped.
1) Treat yourself to some satin pillowcases. You deserve it! :) Your new hair will also thank you for it.
2) If your wigs are long (and even if they aren't), you might consider one of the wrap caps that you can get. It's not really a bonnet, but they are basically made of satin and it's like a wrap with a long pocket in the back, it protects longer hair, while you sleep. You can even get these at WalMart, and they look like a wrap+windsock, and are just a few dollars.
3) I got rid of the tape, and got (and later figured out how to) a good bond. Skin protectant, and a good hold compound can really make a lot of difference. It stays on better and looks better, and feels better too.
4) I have to admit that I don't always do a semi-permanent bond. When I don't, I use an old wig to sleep in, then change first thing in the morning. Call it silly, but it makes me feel better, so yay!

Silk skin wigs and "ThinSkin" are amazing. Not too cheap, and I don't have any right now. :)

I support you, but whatever you decide, it has to be your own decision. Even on this forum I felt bad for a while, because I just don't want to be bald :-(. Then I realized I had to affirm how I feel, and feelings need no apology. Yours don't either. Yay for you.

My daughter sleeps in her wigs also and uses silk pillowcases.She has swiss lace with silk top. What is a silk skin wig or thin skin? Do they look more natural and where do you get them?

Thank you Cathryn F. for the wonderful comment. I sometimes feel badly that I don't want to accept my bald head and sleep in comfort. But I just "like" waking up and seeing myself with hair. It makes me feel good. So thank for reassuring me that that is ok. What bonding do you use and have you ever swam with one of your wigs?

BMG,I am just like you,I want to have a ''head of hair'' 24/7,even if it is just to awaken & use the ladies room in middle of the night,LOL,Hair makes me feel normal !
I sleep in total comfort in wigs,& use silk/satin pillowcases.
I sleep in neck length short soft synthetic wigs(I have a bunch of them)
& they are so comfy lightweight cool & they are sewing altered to fit my 17inch kids size head & most have dermafix sewn in the wigcap.
I also wear a SURE GRIP COMFY GRIP Gel headband under my wig,for additional ''grip power''
-Marsha

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service