Does anybody have a lace wig they sleep in, or where for a long period of time. The longest I can wear mine is 2 days. My lace wig just gets so uncomfortable and the tape constricts my head.. I want to be able to have natural looking wig. You know style it, put it up and so on.. Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I just putting my wig on wrong or something.. Did anybody purchase a silk skin wig?

Thanks.

Views: 8901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cindy, yeah I got ripped off I think. I love my vaccum wig. The only thing I wish I didn't have to wear bangs. I might look into the next one not having such a bang, not sure if that's possible due to the trim of the silcone. I love the natural look of your wig. I might just get a lace wig to have as a back up.
Hi everybody.

Cindy I don't know if I asked you but where did you get your lace wig? I would like to find a company that I can order the full lace wigs from..

I just got my Peggy Knight wig, It has a poly grip around the edge so I don't have to use tape but it's not totally secure.

I got my lace wigs from RPG show.com, but the hair quality is not the best and it breaks off like crazy..

-Becca
Cindy,

How do you like your wigs from Joseph Paris? That is the next route I am going to go I think.. Yes, my profile picture is my wig from Peggy Knight.. Do you have any pictures of what the inside of the base looks like? It it comfortable?

-Becca
Cindy,

That would be great if you could e-mail me some pictures of your Joseph Paris wigs. I have to wait until next year to get another one. grrrr. My e-mail is beccah732@hotmail.com.. Thank you soo much...
Hi Cindy, can you send me pics of your wig from Joseph Paris. I would like to get one but it would need to look similar to this one (vaccum wig) without bangs. prlatina711@yahoo.com
Cindy hello, my name is Alina from romania.am seen your pictures and I know you're beautiful ... you have a beautiful family! congratulations! I suffer from alopecia universal two years and suffer terrible .. I discovered joseph paris and I want to get to it! please send me pics with you if you want on my email address. Thank you very much.sorry for my english
Hi Becca,

I know this doesn't seem to be too popular around here, but I leave my wig on almost constantly for exactly the same reason you cite- it is a huge PITA to be constantly taking it off, gluing it on, re-taping, re-gluing, etc. Blech. I can't be bothered. I would rather spend my morning getting ready time picking out my outfits, doing my make-up etc.

I use SuperTape that I buy from mhrw.com. I leave my wig on for a couple weeks at a time between retaping. I just wash my head really well before I put it on, and I scrub my scalp in the shower right through the wig. It is lace, so the water gets underneath and my head stays pretty clean. Some people complain about a smell from leaving it on too long, but that has never happened to me.

Yes, the hair does break off more quickly than if you take it off every night. I replace my wig/ have it refurbished usually every 6 months before they are looking noticeably thinned. If I were buying the super-ultra-mega expensive wigs this might be a problem, but I have found good websites where I can buy very reasonably priced custom full lace wigs. I just keep 2 in rotation and send them off one at a time to be refilled when they start looking thin.
Eva,

Where do you get your lace wigs? How much do they run you, if you don't mind me asking? Are they comfortable for you? I know what you mean about getting ready, it takes me forever...Now that my eye brows are falling out it's going to take me even longer..

-Becca
I have ordered wigs in past from undetectablewigz.com that I've been happy with. Those have generally run me about $800 with the upgrade to european hair. Before first ordering I had a phone consultation with one of the girls who work there, and she was very nice and helpful. I believe you can also get wigs refurbished through them, but I've never done that through them before so I can't report how it is.

A few weeks ago I ordered a wig from a new place because I could not believe the price. I ordered from celebritystylewigs.com. I sent a lot of long pesky emails to them before ordering and they were very patient and knowledgeable. The wig I ended up ordering was only like $450! They didn't have an option for european hair, but I think I am still going to like it. I will tell you how it looks when I get it if you're interested.
Eva,

I will have to check out those sites.. How is the quality of your European hair that you get from undetectablewigz.com? How long does it take for them to make one.. I ordered my lace wigs from rpgshow.com.. The hair is kinda rough but there only $300.00. Thanks again for the info.. keep me posted on how you like you new wig.

-Becca
The hair is really nice! I would definitely recommend them. It took 8 weeks if I remember correctly for them to make it.
Hi Eva

You seem like your very knowledgeable with lace wigs. I need some guidance and I checked out a lot of websites and not sure really how to order or what to be looking for. Do you have a full lace wig? I would like to purchase a full lace wig but I want to be certain on what to order and all the help would be greatly appreciated.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service