I have something I have been thinking about lately..

To you whom have had regrowth - from universalis/totalis to areata or fullgrown hair - were you ever completely bald? I mean like 'shiny-bald', or did you have thin fuzzy blonde small hairs on your scalp? I have no hair what so ever and it feels like it's no chance for me at all to get my hair back. If I don't have any fuzzy blonde hairs, does that mean that my hair follices are dead? And is it the same with eyebrows?

Views: 4811

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lina. I have had AA since childhood and in 2009 it evolved into full blown AU and yet again it has evolved back into AA - I have almost a full head of hair and even get haircuts. When I had AU my body and scalp was what you said 'shiny - bald'. At that time I felt like you do now, with no hope of growing hair again and decided I'd accept. After a couple years of AU, I started getting a couple little sprouts of hair on my scalp; it took a good year and a half to have almost a full head of hair. I continue to have AA with random bald spots on my scalp and little hair anywhere else on my body. I have no idea how or why my scalp hair started to grow back, but these days I don't question it. From what I have come to understand, with AA, AT and AU the hair follicles are not dead and hair could start growing back at any time; it's different for each person. I hoped this helped some.

with a lot of the stories i hear, most people start to recover when they've accepted their condition. though there is no proof for it, i have noticed that my own battle with alopecia (aa and au and now recovery)has had a lot to do with the stress levels in my life.

oh wow yeah... i got my alopecia after 2 very traumatising experiences in a row. death in family and such.. and iäm still very stressed. mabye it isn't always just genes for everyone after all?

oh wow... this really made me feel so much better. thank you. actually, I have no hair on legs, i'm shiny bald on my head, and I have no eyebrows. but.. ONE single hair started growing on my head. one single little hair.. haha. so I guess i will just keep my hopes up. again, thank you <3

This gave me so much hope!!!! thank you for sharing.

Hi! It was a while since i posted this. I had a really shiny bald head, not even a single hair, no eyebrows, no hair on my legs and my eyelashes was falling out too. And then it switched, all of a sudden. I now have full eyebrows, hairs on my legs, and about a 40% regrowth on my scalp. And it keeps growing everyday, however some hair do fall off my scalp every now and then but as some fall out, more grows. I went from almost AU to AA with a good prognosis :) Do not lose hope! x

Hey Lina,

Did you do anything differently? Diet, supplement, mental thoughts, etc? ... Congrats on your growth, hope it continues!!!

Jason 

Hi Jason!

Yes, in fact, my mental health has gotten a lot better. I went through a break down, sort of (that's when my hair fell out), and i couldn't cope with school which made me feel depressed. Once i started sorting out my problems with school, when i could feel "i know i can do this" (this took me 2 years), i noticed a small patch on my scalp with fuzzy white hair standing right up. I didn't dare to get my hopes up but it turned brown and spread like wild fire across my scalp. And here i am! Still not hoping too much, but enough to make me feel alright. :)

Thank you so much! And good luck to you too!

wow! thank you so much for sharing! it made me feel much more hopefull ^^ thank you!

Don't take this the wrong way but have u tried smoking weed loud i got good results
Ok, so there is/are people who have had hair grow back? I have had au for almost 4 years. I went from being a long blonde to a baldy in 2 months. I had no warning, no time to get use to the idea. I use to be told "it will grow back, it will grow back". I don't hear that any more. When I first lost my hair, I lost it all on my head (I looked like Telly Savales), I also lost half of my eyebrows and lashes. Several months went by and I started to get the tufts, I was so excited, I stared at them for hours. Maybe I stared at them too long because one morning I got out of the shower and poof, my tufts were gone.

oh.... ah :'( but at least your focilles(?) aren't dead, so regrowth is always possible. keep your hopes up! <3 actually i'm shiny bals with no eyebrows and one single hair is growing on my scalp.. we will see what happens.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service