Hello,
I am 25 years old and have had alopecia totalis since birth. At 8 years old I got my first vacuum prosthesis of real human (European) hair from Wigs International out of Australia. I used Wigs International until they closed a few years ago. Since then I purchased a new European hair vacuum prosthesis from a different company and I am unhappy with it. There has been severe hair loss in many places, the hair has broken and looks dull after not even a year and a half. Being pretty much a life-long wearer of the vacuum pieces, I take excellent care of them and have never experienced something like this.

I am interested in hearing the experiences others have had with their vacuum pieces and from what company you have used. Recommendations please! I am only interested in the vacuum prosthesis with 100% unprocessed human hair.

Thank you!
Justine

Views: 930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Justine...I have worn vacuums for about 15 years and have used three companies. I have really liked New Hair Technology in NY but most recently I am wearing a peggy knight solutions vacuum and I have found it to have the best hair of all of the companies I have worked with (100% european , unprocessed hair) . The cap is very comfortable and I haven't experienced the shedding that I have in the past with other vacuums. The price seems pretty comparable to other companies as well. I also have a gripper from peggy knight and I have been wearing that since it has gotten hotter and I really like that as an alternative to my vacuum as well.

If you want to talk more about this go ahead and friend me and we can talk more ok?
Good luck!!
Lilah Walton-

Peggy Knight gets her vacuum pieces from Freedom Wig in New Zealand and simply brands them under her name. She released the Gripper when Freedom came out with their new breathable cap and wouldn't give Peggy Knight the rights to sell them in the US. Instead, Freedom Wig hired their own sales reps who you can work directly through. Also, Peggy's prices are higher than if you go directly through the manufacturer. I bought my first piece through her two years ago with the old non-breathable cap, and more recently I went directly through the Freedom Wig reps in the US and their new breathable caps have been incredible.

Andrea
This is maybe getting to be off topic but I have read that the Peggy Knight Gripper is from Follea
Hi Andrea,
Thanks for the information in your post but I think I need to clear up some things that you said because I don't think it is completely accurate. While you are correct that Peggy Knight gets her vacuum pieces from Freedom Wigs in New Zealand it is not true that she released her Gripper because Freedom wouldn't give her the rights to sell them in the US. She had been asked for a long time by her clients for a product that was more breathable and also that took a shorter period of time to make. Follea manufactures the Peggy Knight Gripper (I know this because their name is on my Gripper ). Some of Peggy's prices might be higher than others ( although I paid more for my vacuum at my former company) but i know that the customer service I received from my rep here in VA was incredible. She was there with me the entire time - from the time I ordered my first vacuum and most recently my gripper she has met with me personally, driven to my home, spent a lot of time on the phone with me and once I received my pieces she helped me find a stylist in the area. I never received that kind of service with the other companies I have used. The hair on both my vacuum and gripper is much better also than the other companies I have used -it has seemed to hold up better.
I think we all have our own personal preferences of what company we like to use and its great that we have this forum to tell each other what we like /don't like about a company but I did need to make sure that some of your statements were clarified.
-lilah

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service