Hi everyone,

I'm 27 years old and was diagnosed a couple of days ago with AA. I'm getting married in 5 months and I'm also a bridesmaid in 3 months. I'm really shy and the thought of everyone looking at me on my wedding day was already overwhelming, so now I'm really scared about walking down the aisle with a big bald patch on the back of my head.

I've lost about 35-40% of my hair and had very thin hair to begin with. I'm blessed that it's not visible at first (because it's at the back), but if my hair gets wet or moves, it reveals the bald patch. My hair on top has also thinned quite a bit. I got very very sick in a foreign country 3.5 months ago, so I'm wondering if this is related.

I'm not sure if I'm going to lose any more hair, or if the hair's going to grow back and at what rate, so I'm wondering what I can do to cover it up in the meantime and especially for the wedding. I'm also nervous about going to the gym and running now, so what do you do for exercising? Any suggestions will help!! I'm pretty heartbroken over this.

Thank you.

Views: 601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

See my responses last week to the other gal getting married. Lots of wedding head cover ideas. (In BLOGS)

Need wedding hat. HELP!

Still looking for a perfect hat for my wedding. Any ideas where to go to? I have tried google, etsy, everything.

Added by HeatherRae on February 21, 2013 at 5:00pm — 8 Comments

I lost all my hair about six months before my wedding so I can certainly understand what you're going through. Of course, I wasn't thrilled about it but I did my best to not let it ruin my wedding day and ended up having a wonderful time. Feel free to connect with me if you need any support through this time. And I agree with everyone...get a wig just in case.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service