Hi! I have been researching homeopathic remedies for alopecia areata, and I am wondering if anyone has been treated with homeopathic remedies/treatments, with any success?
I have been reading about garlic oil, and have been online reading about Dr. Shah, Life Force Clinic. The before and after pictures were so impressive! I prefer not to use chemicals, if it can be avoided! By the way, I wouldn't mind not having all of my hair so much if I could only look like Cheryl! It has been ten weeks since I noticed sudden hair loss, and six weeks since being diagnosed with alopecia areata. It's made me worried and sad...but I know that anxiety will just add to the problem and I try to focus on other things and not think about it much!

Views: 10973

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely you should try some kind of natural remedy. I am using Ayurveda oils from India for 8 months, and the result compared to kenalog injection and steroide creme are 100% better for my hair and safer for my health. It is important not to wait to long before you start with treatment.

If I didn't start with Ayurveda oils treatment few months ago I will be totalis by now...
Which oils specifically are you using? I got my 10th round of shots this a.m. and am concerned about the build up of steroids in my body. thanks!
I am using two kind of ayurveda oils, one of them I apply every night on my affected area, the second 3 x per week on my whole scalp. I order this oils from India (from Alopecia Areata clinic).
I am also supervised by dr. Rohit who runs this clinic, so I am not on my own...
If you check testimonial on his website you will find that many people recovered from alopecia in period from 6 months to 2 years when using Ayurveda treatments.

Also I suggest that you call Holly (you can find her testimonial and tel. number on website), she has been alopecia free for 2 years... I talk with her few times and she is the reason I ordered this oils in the first place.

http://www.alopeciacure.com/

If you have any other question feel free to ask... :)

did you get results i started this on my daughter yesterday, holly and dr. shah are great!

I looked into alternative medicine and started acupuncture in September 2009. The weekly (once per week) treatments included full body acupuncture and a homeopathic called "Made" injected into my scalp. Additionally, I started taking the following vitamins: Pro-Omega with D3 (1200mg Omega 3s, 1000 I.U. of D3), Citrus Co-Q10 (200mg), Mega Zinc (100mg) and Biotin (5 mg). I started noticing hair regrowth on my scalp about 4 weeks thereafter. I also began using Latisse on my eyelashes and eyebrows and noticed improvements in these areas after 6 weeks. It is now March 2010 and I've experienced a full recovery to my scalp, eyelashes, and eyebrows 6 months after first beginning treatments. Of particular help to me was Kym Caporale DOM, an acupuncturist specializing in autoimmune issues. Check out her info and website for more details at http://www.acufinder.com/Acupuncturist/61405. I hope this helps!
Hi Lisa! I am new to this site and this topic really spiked my interest. I have been seeing a naturopathic physician for 6 months now. I have had to commit myself to a lifestyle change which has not been easy. I am gluten free, dairy free, quit my birth control and have been taking plenty of supplements. I had high liver enzymes before I started seeing her and now they are all back to normal. I have lost weight and have more energy. I have not noticed much change in my hair but my body and mind have had a dramatic change for the better. I also study herbalism and Ayurvedic medicine on my own. I have recently made up a mix of essential oils to massage into my scalp. Rosemary, Cedar wood, Sage, Lavender, Jojoba oil, Coconut oil and Aloe gel. I just started these massages 2 days ago. I realize I need to have a ton of patients with my hair so I try not to obsess over it. I am hoping to see some changes before the year is over though. Good luck in your journey. I suggest picking up a book on Ayurveda.
Hey there I recently discovered i have alopecia areata about 3-4 months ago i have a few bald patches on my hair which really stands out and my gp told me the best thing to do was to leave it alone to grow back but ever since then i have not seen any difference in growth within the bald patchy areas my mothers friend recommended for me to use the juice of garlic and to put this on regularly but since it smelt so much everyday i wanted to find another solution and found out that nettle (the plant) has been used before by others successfully and what i did with this was boiled the nettle in water and used this on the effected areas ...i havent seen any difference in results with the garlic or the nettle but people who have had alopecia before have told me that they were successfull by trying these methods so you never know it may be helpful to you if your willing to try ...wish you the best of luck

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service