hi everyone i recently purchased a full lace wig and i wanted to know if anyone out there knows if i can wear the wig without glue or tape and of course on a bald head..i hope i can otherwise i just spent a lot of money for nothing.. any advice will be appreciated

Views: 4316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have always gotten lace wigs and I have noticed that the 'knock-off' lace wigs tend to have harder lace and I was able to wear that without any tape or glue whatsoever. Of course, there were times when I had to pull it up to it's proper place (windy days, after I've ran a bit, etc.) But I did not need tape to keep it stable on my head. When I had the lighter, more expensive lace wigs, they needed tape otherwise they wouldn't even lay flat on my head. I do not know if it will be the same situation for you, but I did not need glue or tape when I noticed that it was able to stay by itself. However, I have a smaller head and smaller wig types tend to fit my head tightly anyways. I say test it out for a day or two and see for yourself! If it helps, if you get it tightened a little, sometimes they are able to stay better as well. I have not purchased a new wig in a little over a year so I do not know if they have changed at all but I hope this helps you!

Megan, I have a small head also. At least "they" say so. So sounds like I can get it tightened.. and won't necessarily need tape or glue. Okay... I am off to check one out.Thanks for the input.

yes you can. I don't wear tape or glue. I wear a wig cap thing and the wig goes over it.

Hi Tina, You can try Wigrip, which is a soft headband that helps secure the wig but I have not been impressed with it at a $20.00 price tag. I have found simple headbands purchased for a few dollars in CVS or any other retail store work as well or better. I also have used Vet wrap, a product used to protect wounds on animals legs. It adheres well but can only be used once without securing it with a bobby pin. Again it is less than $3.00 at any pet store and comes in many colors.

The short answer is no. The only way to do that is if you have some poly on the unit and it is small enough on your head to stick to skin.

Hi chris thanks for the information.. and sharon i have to disagree with you i have no problem wearing my full lace wig without any adhesives at all.. like i stated earlier all i had to do was get the cap tightened a bit and i find it works very well for me

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service