Does anyone have any advice for an alopecia totalis woman who would like to start dating? again after a long period of celebacay due to alopecia? When do you tell, etc?

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i agree be honest if they run they arnt worth your time EVER!!! believe me some awesome men like you for you and only see rhoda not the words Alopecia. you will find men love it!!! if you just give them and it a try!! dont be scared be strong and happy with who you are!!!! i was once told by a kid in school that there mom told them i would never marrie!!! ha ha ha . you just be you and they will come!!! and love it!!!
I don't think there's a rule that fits everyone regarding when to tell, but I'd put off that discussion for a few dates. Let him get to know you. Some will say to just get out there and start dating (and you should!) I know it's easier said than done, though, because I had put off dating prior to regrowth.

I said it to my girlfriend after few month. But it was specific situation, because we talked only online (i used dating sites such as https://www.bridge-of-love.com/, because i have a little problem with communication). She accepted this without any problem. Normal people understand that it's not our fault and it's not very scary thing :) So if the person loves you  everything else does not matter. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service