All Discussions Tagged 'research' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Off-Label Tofacitinib in Ireland?

Hey, I'm based in Ireland and am hoping to order tofacitinib from overseas soon, as the price is horrendous here. However, I'm wondering ho…

Started by hellopeesha

42 Dec 8, 2021
Reply by Kasia

A ray of hope for alopecia areata patients

This from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Pharmaceutical Journal, May 10, 2016: "There are no clinically proven treatments. However, thi…

Started by rj, Co-founder

11 Aug 26, 2019
Reply by Phillip Manning

Doing a research project on trying to find what triggers alopecia... some help?

So, I'm doing a research project where we are trying to figure out what caused or triggered the alopecia in patients. For example, what I t…

Started by Sara

9 Aug 8, 2019
Reply by Madeeha Byers

NAAF's response to mice study (press release)

National Alopecia Areata Foundation Response to Mice Study Released: 2/23/2011 3:50 PM EST Source: National Alopecia Areata Foundation Com…

36 Nov 7, 2018
Reply by kevindavidson

GLANDULAR EXTRACTS

Hey, I was recently looking to find out which gland effects alopecia and cant find anything on the subject. I know that with autoimmune dis…

Started by Dan

0 Sep 24, 2018

Ottawa support groups/ research projects

Hi! I live in Ottawa, Ontario and have had alopecia areata for the past ten years, give or take. I am 29 years old. It has never really bot…

Started by jade mcinnis

22 Mar 7, 2018
Reply by Need Info

Scientists obtain 'how to' guide for producing hair follicles

How does the skin develop follicles and eventually sprout hair? A USC-led study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sc…

0 Aug 13, 2017

AA Market Research: Paid Parent Interviews in Chicagoland and Philadelphia July 10-14, 2017

Chicagoland and Philadelphia "Alopecia Parents/caregivers": Your feedback needed! Got a child 13-17 with moderate to severe AA/AT/AU or a…

Started by Spenser

0 Jul 2, 2017

What causes alopecia? Any new news?

Hiya all! I notice that when asked about my alopecia I tend to talk about how its an autoimmune disease and that we don't really know where…

Started by Minea

45 Jan 4, 2017
Reply by Patchylatchy

Medication-induced alopecia

Hello all. I am a bit scared here. I am 31 and was on some prescribed medication for a few weeks when my partner and i started noticing hai…

Started by hersheys123

10 Dec 21, 2016
Reply by hersheys123

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service