All Discussions Tagged 'insurance' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you create legislation for insurance companies?

My first hair prosthesis was paid for by my insurance company in a state where it's against the law for them not to reimburse you.   Then I…

Started by Zimrie

1 Aug 2, 2022
Reply by TheresaDudley

Anyone in Canada get their Tofacitinib covered by insurance??

I live in Canada  and I am just wondering if anyone was able to get their insurance company to cover the cost of the medication and if so,…

Started by Fingers_Crossed

5 Jan 4, 2022
Reply by ZakICarey

Xeljanz and Looking Ahead to the Future...

Hi Everyone-- I decided to start a new discussion group for those of us who are taking, have taken, or are thinking about trying Xeljanz.…

Started by Susan McAdams

102 Jan 8, 2019
Reply by Moonbeam

Getting XELJANZ covered by U.S. Heath Plans - please share your experience

All, for many of us that have U.S. employer sponsored health plans, open enrollment season upon us.  I am trying to decide if I go with my…

Started by Chapstick

3 Oct 28, 2015
Reply by Bee

Insurance denial

I was diagnosed with Alopecia in January and twice now my insurance has denied me to see a dermatologist. They keep saying the Alopecia is…

Started by Nicole Kordie

47 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Supportive Mom

Where do I start?- Terrible insurance and no diagnosis

I started losing hair mid-July of this year. It fell out slowly the first two weeks after I noticed the first round, quarter-sized spot, an…

Started by sng

4 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by sng

Anyone else declined for Individual Health Insurance coverage due to Alopecia?

I applied for an individual health insurance plan due to COBRA coverage running out, and Aetna has declined me due to alopecia (specificall…

Started by Sam

8 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Sam

Wigs and insurance companies

Many alopecians complain that their condition is not covered under their insurance companies' "wig insurance" policies. When such a policy…

Started by Alopecia World

7 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Yuko

Dotty Jenkins: 'Even bald women can live happily ever after'

My name is Dotty, I am age 43, and I lost my hair after a very traumatic experience. In retrospect, losing all my hair is nothing compared…

5 Dec 5, 2008
Reply by Cindy

Condition inspires bill

By Shaun Bishop / Daily News Staff Writer Redwood City resident Matt Kelley (who's now a member of Alopecia World) has a hairless cat name…

12 Jun 27, 2008
Reply by Matt

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service