All Discussions Tagged 'hairloss' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

7 things never to say to a bald woman

This week I read an article on DiversityInc.com titled "7 Things Never to Say to LGBT Coworkers." It got me to thinking: What might be 7 t…

Started by rj, Co-founder

28 Mar 22, 2022
Reply by Anne Williams

Autoimmune disease, parasites, and complexity

In the following TEDx talk, science journalist and author Moises Velasquez-Manoff explains why "the immune system needs its version of grav…

11 Jan 24, 2022
Reply by Jamalia Franko

A ray of hope for alopecia areata patients

This from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Pharmaceutical Journal, May 10, 2016: "There are no clinically proven treatments. However, thi…

11 Aug 26, 2019
Reply by Phillip Manning

The 'Third Date Rule' by Debbi Fuller

For those of you who are dating and don’t know how to broach the subject of your alopecia with a new person, this is my best advice: You te…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

53 Mar 22, 2019
Reply by ree221

NAAF's response to mice study (press release)

National Alopecia Areata Foundation Response to Mice Study Released: 2/23/2011 3:50 PM EST Source: National Alopecia Areata Foundation Com…

36 Nov 7, 2018
Reply by kevindavidson

Scientists obtain 'how to' guide for producing hair follicles

How does the skin develop follicles and eventually sprout hair? A USC-led study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sc…

0 Aug 13, 2017

Anyone using Wen hair products? Hairloss from Wen?

I don't have any experience with Wen, but I came across this article warning of hair loss: http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/l

Started by Fuzzless

22 Apr 9, 2017
Reply by GRRLWR

Introduction. looking for other women to talk to about alopecia.

Hey everyone. I'm 28, and my hair loss began with just my eyelashes in November of 2014. Doctors didn't think anything of it because I didn…

Started by Mandapanda

4 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Mandapanda

Rogaine + Itch/ Burning = Hair loss (Good bye Rogaine!)

Rogaine 5% made my scalp itch and burn really bad. In less then a week my hair started to shed again. What is your experience with rogaine?…

Started by Angie

7 Sep 30, 2012
Reply by bibby

I am scared

My hairloss has increased significantly this past year. I keep telling myself I am so thankful that I have the things I need in life..so wh…

Started by Brittany

7 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by Bald and Fabulous AKA Terri

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service