All Discussions Tagged 'coping' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vent time - just let it out.

I'll start off first... This is coming from someone who has AU only for 9 months - everything happened so fast and i'm still in work in pr…

Started by Denise

24 Jan 24
Reply by TurboK

Want to start a new group in San Bernardino CA area

I would like to start a group in San Bernardino area so we can have in person meetings,coffee, informal gatherings. I tried to join the Inl…

Started by itzmejudy

6 Jun 28, 2019
Reply by Demixl

Ottawa support groups/ research projects

Hi! I live in Ottawa, Ontario and have had alopecia areata for the past ten years, give or take. I am 29 years old. It has never really bot…

Started by jade mcinnis

22 Mar 7, 2018
Reply by Need Info

New to alopecia and having a VERY hard time coping!

Hi all, This is my first time posting to the forum. Today has been quite hard to handle. Im going to purge my story: I started noticing sig…

Started by Ashle

22 Apr 6, 2017
Reply by gldean1988

How to support partner who's consumed by his hair loss?

Hi guys. I decided to write here to share my problem and see if anyone had a similar experience. My partner is in his early 20s and started…

Started by Dea

8 Mar 7, 2017
Reply by JessicaStinkle

Mentally preparing for the fact that I may have to shave my head someday

Hi everyone, So I currently have 3 bald spots, 2 of which I can hide under a headband, but one of the them is on the back of my head which…

Started by femmejuice

10 Sep 22, 2016
Reply by Franchesca Bass

23 years with Alopecia Universalis

Hello. My name is Aaron and i'm fairly new to this site. I made an account last year, yet this is the first time I've logged on since. I sp…

Started by aaron

5 Jan 15, 2015
Reply by ossy201

I am not my hair - I am the soul that lives within

I posted this on Facebook the other day and was encouraged to post it here, as well. It's basically my alopecia "coming out" post. Most of…

Started by Suzanne

2 Sep 25, 2014
Reply by Suzanne

At what point did you decide to shave it all off?

I'm curious..when did you actually decide enough is enough and shaved it all off...did you do a ceremony? Where did you go to shave it off?…

Started by Joy Cortes

22 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by Double

14 year old looking for a friend with AA

My 14 year old lost all of her hair last year.  She is looking to connect with someone her age.  She feels her friends at school aren't abl…

Started by stacey

4 Apr 18, 2014
Reply by Sarah

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service