All Discussions Tagged 'advice' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for advice on a first wig, tips for care, where to look, etc.

Okay, so I have been living with Alopecia Areata for quite some time now (roughly 4 years) and it has recently gotten to the point where th…

Started by Kimi

17 Feb 20, 2019
Reply by Express Wig Braids

Do you believe the ceramic curling iron is safe for hair?

Hi, all. I am a Newbie here. Since childhood, I've used to have very thin hair, and now I've lost the 5th part of what I had had. I know it…

Started by AmberDi

3 Jan 12, 2019
Reply by sherryvan

Hair falling out again and Trichology Advice

Hello everyone,  Well, with a heart wrenching sadness I have to say that my hair has started to fall out again after a good period of 'remi…

Started by Steve

0 Aug 21, 2018

Wedding Wig

Hi everyone, So I'm 28, got engaged about a year ago, and new to alopecia. My hair started falling out about 6 months ago, and have since l…

Started by Sayde

5 Jan 27, 2016
Reply by Barry Woods

8 yo dd diagnosis with AA & rapidly progressing

Hi all!  In April my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata after I found a bald patch just above the nape of her neck.  At…

Started by Dinkey98

6 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Garlandsmomndad

Swim Tiara? Help!

So I recently explored the website that sold the Swim Tiara's (basically a headband with hair attached, meant for swimming/sports) and I wa…

Started by ash.bash

0 Apr 23, 2015

How does your body react to viruses?

For several months now I have noticed I dont really ever get a full blown cold or flu. I will have days of waves of feeling viral-y (my w…

Started by Crispix67

3 Aug 25, 2014
Reply by RJ Martinez

URGENT advice- transition from hair to wig

hi everyone! im a girl in high school and i have alopecia totalis (although i do have a tiny amount of hair left) and i just got a wig yest…

Started by Anna

2 Oct 3, 2013
Reply by Karen Smith

DCP...help!

Morning everyone. I have a last min appointment at a London hospital & after months of unsuccessful PUVA, I know they are going to sugg…

Started by Emily

1 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Merlin

Wig search, could you help me?

I'm looking for wigs online at a really good price, For awhile there I was doing really well, no bald spots what so ever. But recently, for…

Started by Kayla

13 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by Tanya Stone

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service