Forum Discussions (5,296)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hair shedding

I was recently diagnosed with AA and have been getting steroid injections every month for the past 3 months, however my hair is still rapid…

Started by Blinggal in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 yesterday

Silk top designer wigs?

Are there any designers that make silk top wigs? I just ordered a Jon Renee human hair wig but I'm second guessing the monofilament top. I'…

Started by K&c in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 2 hours ago
Reply by Blinggal

Positive stories of when you first revealed you are bald

Good Morning! I wanted to hear of some positive experiences of what it was like when you all showed everyone that you had alopecia, What we…

Started by Jordan in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

0 on Monday

Any luck with JAK inhibitors anyone?

Hi. I am in the UK and my dermatologist has told me that JAK inhibitors have been very effective in the US.  He is going to put me forward…

Started by desperatedanyell in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 8 hours ago
Reply by Alo-mom

Question for the AU's who tried DCP: Did it work and with 100% growth?

Dear AU's, I am planning to start DCP in December this year. I was thinking to also order medicine and creams to use if I get nasty side ef…

Started by Gon in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 8 hours ago
Reply by Alo-mom

Is Androgenetic alopcia horomal and autoimmune disease?

I read an article that said androgenetic alopecia stems from a hormonal imbalance and I was wondering how so

Started by Stars-r-Aligned in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 8 hours ago
Reply by Alo-mom

Androgeneric alopecia, Pcos ( maybe) just trying to pin a few thinga down

I've been doing research and I believe I have androgenetic alopecia... I did think telogen effluvium at first, but that's usually due to so…

Started by Stars-r-Aligned in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Sep 22

Disney College Program

I got accepted into the Disney College Program for Spring 2017. And I wanted to know if anyone else with alopecia has done the Disney Colle…

Started by Sydney Topa in Employment issues, workplace challenges

0 Sep 22

Where to Start

Hello, I'm disabled and have thought about being a wig stylist. I  would like to specialize working with people with hair loss problems. Se…

Started by Larry Barbee in Employment issues, workplace challenges

2 5 hours ago
Reply by Larry Barbee

Insurance reimbursement for Cranial Prosthetics

Ok, so after much thought and discussion I would like to know how many of you pay tax on your cranial prosthetic.?  Do you know that wig sa…

Started by Alo-mom in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 Sep 20
Reply by Rose

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2016   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service