Forum Discussions (4,062)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia and menopause

I have had AA off and on since I was 27.  A few patches, that treated with injections would regrow and then no problems for about 4 years u…

Started by Fiona in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 6 hours ago
Reply by Fiona

Shampoo & conditioner for alopecia totalis

This may be a stupid question but is it necessary to use shampoo and conditioner if you have alopecia, especially if you know if your hair…

Started by babylums in Other interests

3 3 hours ago
Reply by michelle

Regrowth? Or not?

Hi, Everyone. I was just curious. I have had Alopecia since 2013 not sure the exact date I started losing my hair. I first noticed in July…

Started by Crissy in Symptoms, treatment options, research

7 5 hours ago
Reply by Crissy

People who have refused treatment

I was diagnosed, with Alopecia Areata, a couple of weeks ago. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed steroid cream, followed by injections if…

Started by LC in Symptoms, treatment options, research

73 42 minutes ago
Reply by Duke

Freedom wigs

Hi everyone I'm thinking of getting a freedom wig. I'm a very active person, I cycle, run,swim and go to the gym! My one concern is how hot…

Started by Cashy in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

3 19 hours ago
Reply by Rose Marie'

Newly diagnosed last week with TE and a form of alopecia that I can't remember what sort :-(

Hey guys  I am Vicky 36, UK not sure how long I have been loosing my hair but I noticed it about Feb feeling thinner and breaking.  I have…

Started by Vicky1234 in Acceptance and coping

0 on Friday

Can't find anybody else who seems to have the same type of hair loss

Hi guys. This is my first post and it's terrifying me that I'm here, making a post in an alopecia forum. God only knows why this devastatin…

Started by katiekins198 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 on Saturday
Reply by katiekins198

I finally did it!

I went out in public without my wig.   I was out riding my motorcycle and stopped in a busy tourist town and decided not to try to sneak my…

Started by Fiona in Acceptance and coping

8 yesterday
Reply by Fiona

Synthetic wig getting frizzy

Hello, I just started wearing a synthetic wig two months ago (Infatuation by Raquel Welch), but it's already getting frizzy in back at the…

Started by RosemontMar in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

9 yesterday
Reply by chris for hair

Insurance denial

I was diagnosed with Alopecia in January and twice now my insurance has denied me to see a dermatologist. They keep saying the Alopecia is…

Started by Nicole Kordie in Symptoms, treatment options, research

42 yesterday
Reply by Joanne Washington

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2014   Created by Alopecia World.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service