Forum Discussions (5,241)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Having a bad day!

Just feeling down because I feel like society looks down upon people with alopecia and don't give us the proper respect,love,and appreciati…

Started by GavinOwens in Acceptance and coping

3 8 hours ago
Reply by maria

Hair Line Illusions and High Definition Hair

So, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on finally getting a wig, but I am still not 100% there because I'm concerned about getting the…

Started by startsonsta in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 on Monday

Topper front shows

Hi all, I finally went to a wig salon and was checking out toppers (I have AGA mostly on the top and front of my head). I have enough hair…

Started by lola_attaque in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 on Sunday

The smoothest shave

Hi all fellow alopecians. For those of you out there lucky enough to have extensive AA, I am sure you've experimented a lot with different…

Started by JustAnotherBaldGuy in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

0 on Saturday

Rejected for Xeljanz?

Hello everyone, I've read of great things on here about Xeljanz, which gave me hope for a cure. I made an appointment with a derm at SFGH u…

Started by strawberry in Symptoms, treatment options, research

9 yesterday
Reply by Tomy Pereira

My alopecia confirmation

This year in February, I had a biopsy done and was told I had citricial alopecia. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right. It is when we use…

Started by rose in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Jul 19

Wigs in the wind

Hello all, thank you for being here you have helped me through my recent alopecia. I started losing my hair about 3 years ago. I thought it…

Started by Teri in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

3 Jul 21
Reply by AnnS

Possible remission?

Hello Good People :) I don't know what's happening here. I'm 53 and had AU for about 30 years now.  The other day while cleaning my scalp,…

Started by dreamscometrue in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Jul 14

Mentally preparing for the fact that I may have to shave my head someday

Hi everyone, So I currently have 3 bald spots, 2 of which I can hide under a headband, but one of the them is on the back of my head which…

Started by femmejuice in Acceptance and coping

8 on Sunday
Reply by Jiggybear

Problems with college dorm not willing to make accommodation for daughter w/ alopecia universalis

My daughter is 18 years old and about to be a freshman in college.  She has Alopecia Universalis which she was diagnosed with in 8th grade.…

Started by Danna Parrish in Other interests

66 on Friday
Reply by kastababy

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2016   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service