Forum Discussions (4,303)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Woman uses steriods for chest infection cure her Alopecia?

I was wondering if anyone has seen this. Apparently, some Woman with AU had a Chest infection and used a steroid and it ended up curing her…

Started by DJ88 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 4 hours ago

Questions regarding lichen planopilaris

I was recently diagnosed with lichen planopilaris.  I have lost most of my eyebrows and just starting with a receeding hair line. I am look…

Started by Houle in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

5 5 hours ago
Reply by Sad in chicago

Please help my daughter with AA win the GS Sports Challenge Photo Contest by voting

http://bit.ly/1obH2z8 My daughter Justina 12 years old was diagnosed in March with Alopecia Areata and been dealing with many different spo…

Started by jamom74 in Children with alopecia

0 on Sunday

Starting junior high

My 11 year old son is on his most extreme round of hair loss - and just in time to start junior high school! In the past, it has started wi…

Started by Pearl in Children with alopecia

5 yesterday
Reply by jamom74

I need some help trying to define which alopecia I have, and also would like to hear some positive stories

So, I know I have Alopecia, but I'm not really sure which one. I was told that it's areata, but I've been losing hair all over my body. I'v…

Started by Christine Martin in Acceptance and coping

2 on Sunday
Reply by Recovered Alopecian

Affecting my career path

My career training has a requirement that hair must be worn tied back fully or up in a high bun. I am horrified and having the scary though…

Started by Lindsay in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

6 on Sunday
Reply by Debs

Eyelashes

Hi I have no eyelashes. Has anyone tried false lashes or have any kind of advice?

Started by Kat in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

12 yesterday
Reply by Rose

Acupuncture?

Hi all!  It's been a while since I was on here last but I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice or personal experience with using acupu…

Started by Jen G. in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 on Thursday
Reply by Jen G.

Any idea to hide bold spot

Is there any good idea to hide bold spot ?NOT hair  piece  , weg ,  head  scarf , hats  I mean using any color etc.... Thanks   Mellisa

Started by Mellisa in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 on Friday
Reply by JeffreySF

Can androgenic alopecia change to alopecia universalis?

My Derm told me I have two kinds of alopecia . I am interested to know can androgenic alopecia change to alopecia universalis? Mellisa

Started by Mellisa in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 on Friday
Reply by Jane

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2014   Created by Alopecia World.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service