Forum Discussions (5,376)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Areata or totalis?

Hello everyone! I am 17 years old and was recently diagnosed with Alopecia Areata. As of right now I have gone through 2 rounds of cortison…

Started by AshtynG in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 12 hours ago

Help, it's happening again

I'm a 17 year old girl and I originally was diagnosed with areata in January of 2015. It accelerated to totalis and I was bald but wore a w…

Started by Livkerp in Acceptance and coping

0 yesterday

Research on someone not using anything for regrowth

I'm curious in knowing if there has ever been research performed on an individual with alopecia areata who isn't using anything in the atte…

Started by JessicaStinkle in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 yesterday

Any opinion about Milano wigs

Hi I am going to put an order with Milano wig. Dose any one  have a negative experience with the quality of Milano wigs.  Between Milano an…

Started by Sue in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 yesterday

Wool-lite on synthetic wig

I recently tried wool-lite on my synthetic wig but Iu wonder if I rinsed it too much? The wig is still tangling quite a bit andI can barely…

Started by Veronicasteele in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 on Monday

How do you guys style your wigs?

The title pretty much says it all, but I'd like to get some imput on some wig styling.  I'll never wear my wigs in a low ponytail save for…

Started by KristinWelsh in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 on Monday
Reply by Alo-mom

WIgs and possible trade embargos with China post-election

*******I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A POLITICAL DISCUSSION******* If there should be a trade embargo between the US and China any time a…

Started by Dollhead in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 on Monday
Reply by Alo-mom

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

I bring this up because Alopecia has definite emotional complications; shame, fear, lack of confidence... you name it. For many people thei…

Started by Finley in Acceptance and coping

2 on Monday
Reply by Finley

Do most people know you wear a wig?

Hi everyone. I have androgenic alopecia,and I've been losing my hair since I was 14. I'm 41 now. Up until now I've been able to cover my ba…

Started by shoff39 in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

8 14 hours ago
Reply by shoff39

The contraceptive pill and HRT and FFA

Does anyone know if the contraceptive pill and/or HRT has been implicated in causing/ increasing FFA?

Started by Airam-FFA in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Nov 30

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2016   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service