Forum Discussions (4,446)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

4 year old with alopecia, flare up after flu shot

Has anyone ever experienced a flare up after a vaccine? My 4 year old has not had any flare ups in over a year and her hair is starting to…

Started by Madi's Mom in Children with alopecia

2 on Tuesday
Reply by Georgia Stephens

Washing synthetic wigs

Any recommendations on shampoos/conditioners for my synthetic wig. The lady who gave it to me said dish washing liquid? I don't want to mes…

Started by Amanda in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 yesterday
Reply by Vanessa

Any news on the recent NAAF research summit (Maryland 2014)

I've been patiently waiting to hear some kind of information be passed down the pipeline but have yet to  hear a thing. It's almost as thou…

Started by asp2014 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 on Tuesday
Reply by DJ88

Medications

I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in May of 2013 after finding my first bald patch hiding in the back of my head. Since I've lost all my…

Started by Hayley in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 on Saturday
Reply by Aimee

Eyelashes and eyebrows

Hi there Ive recently had diffuse rapid hair loss... Nearly bald in 3-4 weeks. I have just started to notice a couple of what I think migh…

Started by twig in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

3 on Monday
Reply by twig

Should I chop my long locks?

Hello, I wanted some advice on if I should cut my hair or not. I have a few bald patches on the bottom of my scalp and lower hairline. It i…

Started by alexmorozco in Acceptance and coping

2 on Saturday
Reply by alexmorozco

How to make the rest of hairs to fall AA

Dear All, I know it may sound odd, but I am looking for a way to make the rest of my hair to fall as well. I have AA for 18 years and I am…

Started by N in Other interests

3 Dec 12
Reply by suburban mom

Wigsbuy

Thought I would add this thread, after finding this review site http://mythreecents.com/reviews/wigsbuy

Started by cathy clark in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

5 Dec 12
Reply by Aimee

Alopecia

Hello I am French I would want to know if you will have piece of news(short story) of the treatment(processing) of the doctor sorry angela…

Started by kevin in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Dec 6

Wig advice

Hello I dont have Alopecia, but my hair has been falling out rapidly lately, likely due to an unstable thyroid (trying new medication now,…

Started by maryhunter in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

9 Dec 9
Reply by Aimee

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2014   Created by Alopecia World.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service