Forum Discussions (4,789)

Featured Discussions

Wig for sports, surfing and swimming

Hey there, this is only my first proper post, so sorry, but its gonna be long :) I started wearing wigs about 2.5 years ago. Starting off f…

Started by MissFifi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashionLatest Reply

Squaric acid treatments

I am looking for some opinions and insite... A new Derm that I went to see this week at Hershey Medical center here in PA who is a Scalp an…

Started by Becca74 in Symptoms, treatment options, researchLatest Reply

Yes, you can!

You Can Do It! We are all on this forum for one reason... most people visiting here are just learning about "alopecia" and I have to say, t…

Started by Leonore in Just for fun, inspirational, motivationalLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Did nail pitting occur before or after your alopecia?

Hi there! The reason I'm asking this question is because I started to have light pitting in my fingernails that come and go since around 19…

Started by mus1cx in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 17 hours ago

Does sunlight help growth?

So a friend of mine told me she knew someone who's daughter had alopecia and everyday this lady would have her daughter play in the sun for…

Started by Savcummings_ in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 20 hours ago

Needing someone to talk to...

Hello everyone, wonderful to meet you all! Sorry to jump straight into things, but I honestly don't know how to start this.... Just a bit o…

Started by Ureshii in Acceptance and coping

0 yesterday

sammydress wigs

Hi just wondering if anyone has ever ordered off of sammydress.com for wigs ?  They seem very cheap compared to other sites that offer the…

Started by carebear42 in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 yesterday

Scarring alopecia

I have LPP, a scarring alopecia.  I'm not so much afraid to be bald, but of the mess of pits and scars on my scalp.  Thoughts, recommendati…

Started by taralaf in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 yesterday

How to open up to new people/ possible boyfriends

Hey there! This is my first post. I have had alopacia since I was 12, and I am now 16. I lost all of my hair shortly after figuring out tha…

Started by cricket67 in Love, relationships, gender issues

0 on Saturday

News article--is this something?

Everyday after I check Alopecia World, I Google "alopecia" and select "news". I don't know if this is legit and if it's anything, but I cam…

Started by Earthsaver23 in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 on Friday

New York Times Article

Check out the article in today's NYT. "For four women,Bald Beauty As seen in Thursday's Style. My co worker who survived breast cancer and…

Started by Susan in Acceptance and coping

1 on Friday
Reply by Dominique Cleopatra

Tingling sensation in bald patches

Hii everyone. I wanted to know that does anyone of you experience strong tingling or throbbing sensation in the bald patches on your head?…

Started by sakschi in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 22 hours ago
Reply by Savcummings_

NYT article

I thought folks might be interested in this article.... http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/30/fashion/alopecia-four-women-bond-over-the-beauty-

Started by Mel in Acceptance and coping

0 on Wednesday

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2015   Created by Alopecia World.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service