Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Transition from Alopecia Areata to Universalis

Hi For those of us that have gone from alopecia areata to universalis how did the transition occur for you ? For me it was about 9 months o…

Started by Scott James

7 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by Courtney

Can AA turn into scarring alopecia over time?

Well the title pretty much sums it up. Im worried because I've had alopecia areata all my life, but for a year now i've lost pretty much al…

Started by Daniel R

0 Mar 9, 2012

Female pattern hairloss and oily scalp

I know many fphl sufferers also have scalp issues, like SE and too much sebum for the remaining hair to spread to. Has any of you found a r…

Started by

10 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by Andrea

She says there's a cure

I found this on an Alopecia Q & A in the NYTimes, just wondering if any of you have heard of it or tried it. Thanks, Susan http://cons…

Started by Susan S

13 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Gloria S.

Itchyness

only found out monday i have alopcia? im going be honest im scared but is it ment to be itchy? other parts of my head are itchy but they ha…

Started by Vikki Klj Folga

1 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Michelle

Cyclosporine

Has anyone tried cyclosporine for AU?

Started by TamiA

6 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by Struth

Crawling sensation

hi there just posting this to see if anyone has ever had the same symptoms as me? iv recently had a tingly crawling sensation on one of my…

Started by laura

2 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Melanie

Newbie with questions

Hey AW. I'm 15 years old male in grade 10 and living in Toronto. I was diagnosed with AA about 2 months ago. It started with one golf ball…

Started by Kevin

3 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Karen Smith

Progression of hair loss?

Im just curious to know anyones stories of how your alopecia progessed. How long did it take for full hair loss? How much would you lose? H…

Started by Kevin

9 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Amanda

Cortisone injections while pregnant?

Hello everyone, I have AT going on AU. Its all started a year ago. My derm put me on the prednisone/methotrexate treatment. Everything grew…

Started by Mélanie Pilon

3 Mar 1, 2012
Reply by Mélanie Pilon

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service