Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hair Regrowth

I have had alopecia universalis for 2 1/2 years now. Back in December I started receiving steroid injections. By the time I went back for m…

Started by Andrea Klimaszewski

0 Jul 12, 2012

What should I expect?

Hi. I'm a 29 year old male with black hair and about about 8 months ago I started growing a beard and I noticed that I didn't have any hair…

Started by SD_Surfer

0 Jul 11, 2012

Scalp brush and massaging scalp

A hairdresser gave me a round scalp brush and suggested I use this on my scalp to stimulate the follicles and help my thinning hair. Has an…

Started by Jennah

2 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Jennah

Gluten Free Shampoos, Tea Tree and Biotin Shampoos?

I began using a tea tree shampoo recently after a visit to a health food store. The lady said tea tree and Biotin enriched shampoos would b…

Started by Louis

0 Jul 8, 2012

Answers to Alopecia Questions

I found this great article that addresses many of our common questions: http://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/27/expert-answers-on-alop

Started by Tallgirl

0 Jul 7, 2012

Has anyone tried Marbo hair products?

The company has supposedly been in business for 20 years in Europe. The ingredients labeled on the bottles list a bunch of herbs and sea sa…

Started by Joe

3 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by JeffreySF

Started using Viviscal. Wish me luck!

Hi Everyone, I just got my package of Viviscal in the mail. I figured I'll give it a try. Just wondering if anyone else on this forum has u…

Started by Andrea L.

8 Jul 3, 2012
Reply by Andrea L.

My son got his first squaric acid treatment today - NEED info!

My 12 year old son tried the steriod cream for 3 weeks with no results:(. He had a dermatologist appointment today and they did a squaric a…

Started by Samantha Rockwell

1 Jun 28, 2012
Reply by Rose Marie'

Should I try corticosteroids & an anti malarial or get a freedom wig?

I just need a little help. My doctor wants me to start some pretty hard drugs with lots of side effects I'm not sure if I should? I've hear…

Started by Elaine

14 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by Amanda

Weird scalp color

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or knows why, and what it means? I've observed that my scalp in areas that I'…

Started by Christine

2 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by Christine

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service