Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Prednisone

I have started a course of prednisone (40/30/20 and finally 10 for the last week), and have been feeling really awful. I know it's a bad dr…

Started by Epo

6 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Johanna

Prednisone

So I've dealt with bouts of alopecia areata for my years. Usually happens about a year or so giving birth to a child, I would have a few ba…

Started by Jeanine Knight Ruppel

12 Aug 7, 2013
Reply by Liana m

Scientists officially link processed foods to autoimmune disease

Have you seen this article? They believe that processed foods could be a cause for alopecia. What are they putting in our food? Scientists…

Started by Wonder

7 Aug 5, 2013
Reply by Rose Marie'

Hey, successful experience

hey everyone, i want to share my case and the treatments i took mayB it help any one, first: i lost like 40% of may head hair in a period l…

Started by abdelrahman elfeky

0 Aug 3, 2013

Lab work?

I have been fighting alopecia areata since I went off birth control early in 2010. It went away when I got pregnant and stayed away until a…

Started by Jen

1 Aug 2, 2013
Reply by Kirsten

I have AU and have LOTS of dark hair coming in

Is there anything i should do to see continued growth within the hair, or should I just go about my normal day and see what happens. I have…

Started by Aeron Howarth

4 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Aeron Howarth

New to AA...have some questions about symptons, medications

Hi everyone! I noticed hair falling out 8 months ago, all over..no bald spots. My scalp was red and irrigated. I started with steroids but…

Started by Melissa

3 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by brucemaras

How do you treat your scalp/hair?

I was wondering : how often do you wash your hair/massage your scalp? What products do you use? Do you do any other treatments on your head…

Started by Epo

1 Jul 27, 2013
Reply by brucemaras

Hair shedding

For all you alopecians out there, did/do you have hair shedding? How long did it last, if it went away? Did it coincide with your patches/l…

Started by Epo

34 Jul 26, 2013
Reply by barbosa

Bach2 gene may be the cause

Autoimmune Research Breakthrough The National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF) applauds the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) announce…

Started by Tallgirl

0 Jul 25, 2013

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service