Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cysteine?

there seems to be some feedback on a positive note re l-cysteine re alopecia, at a dosage level of 1000mg per day. Has anyone tried l-cyste…

Started by arizimlev

0 Feb 19, 2014

Ophiasis pattern

Apart from being somewhat difficult to pronounce (lol) i have also heard it is very hard to treat, anyone else suffer from the same form of…

Started by Nathan Stockill

14 Feb 18, 2014
Reply by Linda

Has any female with alopecia been diagnosed with PM Dysphoric Disorder?

Hi, I've been looking into why I lost my hair in August 2013, I have no bald patches left (had around 16 patches/ 2/3 of head bare) and I'm…

Started by Amy

0 Feb 18, 2014

Alopecia and depression - new research: Inflammation-induced depression

I came across this following article, published by Floor van Heesch, PhD at the Utrecht University in the Netherlands. It doesn't handle Al…

Started by Maudy NL

0 Feb 17, 2014

Viviscal and Phyto hair/nail supplements?

Sorry for this repeat post - I searched, and there have been a few, but a lot of the discussions had no comments. I used viviscal (and phyt…

Started by Epo

0 Feb 15, 2014

Other health problems related to alopecia?

It would be nice to see how much other health problems we Alopecians share.  Maybe there is a common link, which I think there is one.  Has…

Started by dawggonit

2 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Kelly

Am I in denial?

I think about shaving my hair off all the time as all I do is cover it up. What stops me is that I was under the impression that this phase…

Started by Manuela

2 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Holly

Prednisolone and methoxotrate

Hi,  I have just joined the forum tonight after reading many a post over the past few weeks.  I started with areata 8 months ago.  lost all…

Started by Bill

1 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Rose Marie'

Aggressive AU

Hi all,my 19yr old son came back from holiday with his pals last august.he had a small thinning patch on the back of his head,as if a barbe…

Started by David

11 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Scott

New York photo shoot

DK Wright, a poet who wrote a piece for my book "Head-On, Stories of Alopecia" is in the city, and has a photo shoot set up to go along wit…

Started by Deeann

0 Feb 12, 2014

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service