Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Doctors?

Is it worth visiting the doctors for alopecia? I went when a small patch was first noticed and he printed off some info and sent me away. S…

Started by Pault8084

5 Mar 22, 2014
Reply by Lexi

Hair concealer powders ext for blonde hair - are there any good ones?

Hi, When I am not wearing a wig I would love to use a hair concealer like toppik, dermmatch etc however I have heard allot of the blonde sh…

Started by Jennah

2 Mar 22, 2014
Reply by Andrea

Tingling and painful scalp. Normal?

Hi. I'm 42 and have just started with this "spot" hairloss thing that the dermatologist called AA. I have never in my life experienced this…

Started by Elena

8 Mar 21, 2014
Reply by Sarah

Moisturizer or oil for bald head

My bald head has always been perfectly smooth and healthy.  Lately, though, it has started to get a little red/irritated in places, and I h…

Started by Aimee

5 Mar 21, 2014
Reply by Cindie

The controversy of Artificial Hair Transplants

As far as I know, Artificial Hair Transplants were banned by the FDA in the USA from some pretty nasty side effects. Also the fact there wa…

Started by Dave

1 Mar 20, 2014
Reply by Rose Marie'

How do you know if your androgenetic alopecia has gotten worse?

I went to a dermatologist two years ago to find out why I was losing hair and it turned out that I have AGA. She prescribed me Rogaine but…

Started by Lilac

1 Mar 14, 2014
Reply by MeganG

"It works"

Has anyone tried this supplement "it works"? I just heard of it. It looks like a supplement, and I've seen great pics of results from it. I…

Started by Kteacher

5 Mar 14, 2014
Reply by Colette

Any luck with olux?

Our daughter's dermatologist prescribed her olux. Has anyone ever used it for alopecia and had any success?

Started by Ahmed

2 Mar 14, 2014
Reply by Ahmed

Does olux foam medicine work?

Hello my name is Ahmed and my beautiful 3 and a half year old daughter was just recently diagnosed in January of this year with alopecia ar…

Started by Ahmed

0 Mar 12, 2014

Does your child's AA do better in the summer months?

My daughter has had AA since age 9, she is now 14.  She has been getting steroid injections for over 2 years, and now we are trying a new l…

Started by Denise Rufo

2 Mar 12, 2014
Reply by Denise Rufo

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service