Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc. (192)

Featured Discussions

How to explain to kids?

Hi all, I'm new here so I have a lot of questions, but this one just hit me... I have a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old. Right now I have a p…

Started by Amelia33Latest Reply

I DID IT!

I finally shaved my head. July 16. It was awesome. I cried most of the day - almost mourning my hair. We bought a camera, took pictures wit…

Started by Mom of 5Latest Reply

The people around with alopecia

Hey all ! Since the onset of my AA, I've often found myself staring at people's hair way more than I used to... And i've noticed, to my s…

Started by CrumpetsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Smooth shaving my head or not?

I am boy and I have always had short hair, but sometimes let it grow out until the fringe be too long. I am now 29 years old and haven't be…

Started by TvSindre

8 Jan 20
Reply by TvSindre

Need advice - should I shave my head?

I’m a 35 year old male. No facial hair. Lost my eyelashes and one eyebrow. I have microbladed so that looks ok. I’d say I’ve lost 30% of th…

Started by Patches

10 Nov 22, 2023
Reply by Reed

Masked & Bald Liberation

I still wear face masks in public, & I frequently don't wear my wig while wearing a mask & sunglasses. It's been very liberating to…

Started by Peace to you

2 Jun 27, 2022
Reply by Peace to you

7 things never to say to a bald woman

This week I read an article on DiversityInc.com titled "7 Things Never to Say to LGBT Coworkers." It got me to thinking: What might be 7 t…

Started by rj, Co-founder

28 Mar 22, 2022
Reply by Anne Williams

Hello everyone...

Hi everyone! I'm Kristy& I've been loosing my hair for 4year now... My doctor would always tell me I was pulling it out myself or it wa…

Started by Kristy Williams

17 Feb 16, 2021
Reply by tomfor

How to explain to kids?

Hi all, I'm new here so I have a lot of questions, but this one just hit me... I have a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old. Right now I have a p…

Started by Amelia33

14 Apr 20, 2020
Reply by TJ

Accepting my condition

I have alopecia areata and started showing up for about 4 years. In the last 2 years I have hair loss gradually despite all the struggles a…

Started by Maud Veloso

1 Apr 30, 2019
Reply by Anita

anthony carrigan on Seth Meyers

Actor Anthony Carrigan being interviewed on Seth Meyers' show. a good advocate, helping to remove the stigma https://www.youtube.com/watch

Started by chris_s

1 Apr 20, 2019
Reply by Alo-mom

Why I Feel Good Being Bald

On Going and Being Bald I started losing my hair in my late teens, but I didn’t know it until I was 19 and attending college. I had just ta…

Started by Larry Barbee

0 Apr 15, 2019

Alopecia in college

Hello everyone reading! Ok , so a new semester is approaching, and I now want to take that leap, where for the 1st time I'll be going witho…

Started by Jordan

33 Apr 15, 2019
Reply by Rakyshka

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service