Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Just so I know I'm not on my own here....

I just wanted to know if anyone here is like me... to be honest I hardly think about my Alopecia, I get up, hide it, go out and be normal.…

Started by Lizzie

11 May 8, 2009
Reply by Wendy Teo

When is it time to shave it all off.

I am so happy i found this site. I have been dealing with AA for over 15 years. I have always had small spots here and there, but they were…

Started by Liz

4 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Erin

The Emotional Impact of Alopecia on You

Hi all. :-) I'm considering making an informational video about handling the emotional impact of alopecia (I've had several clients ask fo…

Started by Timothy H. Warneka

23 Apr 26, 2009
Reply by Gill

Will I cope bare head?

My Alopecia Areata is getting progressively worse. I have worn a wig before, with my hair cut really short underneath, and it was really un…

Started by Lizzie

6 Apr 11, 2009
Reply by Rose Marie'

How to help others cope?

A quick background on me...first signs of AA was at 8 yrs. old, it wasn't an issue again until 12 years old when is quickly developed into…

Started by Jill

3 Apr 9, 2009
Reply by Jill

Need some ideas!!

So...a few times this week...the question "What do you do for yourself?" has come up. My only response was...I take a bath...go to bed earl…

Started by Christie

10 Apr 9, 2009
Reply by Rahela

Alone

I just got married and moved to Tennessee with my husband. I've had Alopecia Areata since I was around 10 years old and even when my bald p…

Started by Carly Huffman

8 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by Tnabugg

confused with how to react??

i am desperatly trying to stay my upbeat self that everyone always seems to think i am. i am 18 years old and have had no hair since i was…

Started by stephani

19 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by errantpigeon

This is the reality. Bitter as it is.

I think it's time we all stop kidding ourselves. We are different, people will always see us different. Telling yourself you're beautiful w…

Started by Realist

31 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by rj, Co-founder

Stressed.

Just wondering how everyone is and how you handle the stress (ors) of daily life.

Started by Billie

5 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by Blessed Soul

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service