Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please Direct Me In The Right Direction..

Hi, Does anyone know of a organazation that helps with low income familys for wigs?I have alopecia and am ready to hide in a hole.Since i h…

Started by Lynn

2 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Lynn

Alopecian One-liners

I was walking to the library on campus yesterday and I noticed a man who was bald and had the build of a biker, at first I checked his eyeb…

Started by Malinda Rode

8 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Annie

Who is the insurance guru out here?

I need some advice. Ready for a fight with Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA. Coordination of Benefits?... Thank You.

Started by Karen

0 Sep 24, 2009

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall.....

I'm sick of myself! Take the mirrors, windows and anything reflective away from me because if it's around, I'm in it. How do I look? Wig ch…

Started by Karen

0 Sep 24, 2009

Don't seem able to cope

Hi im joanne ive had aa since january lost all my hair and i find each day gets harder ive always been a strong person but not any more i f…

Started by joannesummerside

13 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Trixie

Do the hair dreams ever stop?

It's been about 7 months since I had a dream that my hair came back - I used to have these often after losing my hair a year and a half ago…

Started by Mary

25 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Leah Larson

I'm never not thinking about it

How do i stop thinking about my alopecia? Ive had universalis for 18 years and i cover it completely with an expensive wig and make-up. I d…

Started by Kayla DeMarini

13 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Tuesday

What do you do when you see others with Alopecia?

Perhaps I just have my Alopecia radar on these days, but I swear there are more and more people popping up everywhere with Alopecia lately!…

Started by Orbit

42 Sep 14, 2009
Reply by JeffreySF

i do not understand what it is bad about not having hair? can someone explain me

…i do not understand what isi t bad about not having hair? that we do not fit to the girly-woman prototype that they magazines are promotin…

Started by vicky

12 Sep 13, 2009
Reply by Annette Shuford

Very Sad

Good morning, My son was diagnosed with Alopecia a couple of months ago - he is 13 and in grade 8. When he was 7 I noticed a couple of sma…

Started by Melanie

12 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Melissa Francis

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service