Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Introducing myself, and interested in stories of your hair loss

Hi new friends to be. I wanted to write and introduce myself in hopes of making some new acquaintances and finding some support. I am not 1…

Started by Kate

4 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Rose Marie'

Lonely and upset about my alopecia

hi im linda, 21 and a single mum to a 3 year old. i have one hair loss patch so far and my doctor told me its alopecia. i have noticed that…

Started by linda maher

2 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by letcia Parga

I'm pretty scared that I will lose my partner and my friends over this

Hi I have just developed AA about a month ago now, I went to the doctor hoping he would make me feel a bit better, and stop me from panicki…

Started by Elin

17 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Alison Hobbs

Going crazy with each strand that I lose

This is a really touchy ordeal that I'm experiencing . Im a healthy 25 year old mother of four and have a smooth bald spot on top of my hea…

Started by letcia Parga

6 Aug 7, 2010
Reply by Rosa Gabrielli

What's this trend doing for you?

The following quote was included in a recent AOL News article: "For some, going bald is for fashion, and for others it is medical. Many pe…

Started by rj, Co-founder

6 Jul 31, 2010
Reply by Galena

Can't cope

can anyone give me some advice as i am finding it extremly difficult coping with this, some days i think that i just can't go on. looking f…

Started by DONNA WOOD

11 Jul 28, 2010
Reply by Maria M Licier

Complete recovery?

I have a hard time finding any recovery stories on here and i find it makes me lose hope! I am sure many people that use this site and have…

Started by Alisha Jennings

4 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Dielle

Help :(

im just going through a major rough patch and was wondering if anyone had any good vibes to send me.... my boyfriend just betrayed my trust…

Started by Lindsay

8 Jul 12, 2010
Reply by Lindsay

Alopecian running from camera

Do you ever get to a point where you don't like seeing yourself in photos? I used to be very photogenic, but sometimes I don't like what th…

Started by Sherry Washington

18 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by Petra

Alopecia getting me down

Hi everyone im 24 and had alopecia since i was twelve have very little patches of hair here and there and it is soooo depressing but i try…

Started by Somaaya

16 Jun 28, 2010
Reply by Somaaya

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service