Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

AA returns!

Hi everyone, sorry in advance for the ramble.  Today, after 4 years of having total regrowth on my scalp, I noticed a smallish(1cm) circula…

Started by Charlotte

13 Jun 25, 2022
Reply by Angelica87

My alopecia (partly a success) story

Hi all, I've never met anyone with Alopecia, so I guess I'm making this topic to get some of this off my chest and discuss some of the trea…

Started by jjcanada

6 May 4, 2022
Reply by MARIA

Education

Maybe if Will Smith had used the moment to take the stage and EDUCATE Chris, the audience, and the world about how alopecia affects women a…

Started by nohairontop

2 May 1, 2022
Reply by SabineTawni

Social anxiety

Hi Everyone! I've been struggling with severe social anxiety ever since I started losing my hair a year ago.  I am terrified of people aski…

Started by Dayna

8 Apr 29, 2022
Reply by sampeckard

Having a hard time coping with my hair loss...

I have been experiencing slow but steady hair loss since September of 2018. It started in my temples, then thinned out all over my head, be…

Started by Kismet

5 Apr 27, 2022
Reply by ferahunt

Help please, a friend diagnosed with trichotillomania!

Hi everyone, I have alopecia myself but this is due to an androgenetic disorder. I am asking this on behalf of a friend who is currently u…

Started by Rita

0 Apr 22, 2022

New and really scared

Hi,  In July 2020 I noticed two patches of lost hair above both temples, one larger than the other. I assumed this was related to my eczema…

Started by ssuzanne

6 Apr 27, 2021
Reply by NicoleT

Dealing with alopecia at college every day!!

Hey everyone! I'm so happy that I found out about this alopecia foundation. I really hope it will help me. To start of, I should say that n…

Started by Amuneta

7 Feb 19, 2021
Reply by nancyjoshua

Regrew Hair Twice Within Three and a Half Years

Hey everyone! Just thought I would make this post to document not only for myself but for others out there looking for anyone else going th…

Started by ken123

5 Oct 8, 2020
Reply by ofra

How to accept being ugly

This is going to sound majorly harsh, but hear me out. I feel like the "bald is beautiful" is a lie we tell ourselves and others just to fe…

Started by pippinsgirl

333 Sep 25, 2020
Reply by Richard and Heather Montgomery

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service